Communications Manager - Culture & Entertainment, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
A key element to the Diageo GB portfolio strategy is nurturing brands that sit within nascent categories in GB (e.g. Casamigos, Belsazar, Zacapa) or that are new or underdeveloped brands in existing categories (e.g. Copper Dog, Roe & Co, Tanqueray No.10). Our ambition is to nurture and grow this portfolio to create our next great Growth Engines of the future. These brands have a different code for growth and require a culture first mindset to marketing communications across all facets of PR, influencer and content marketing in the digital world.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of an exciting new chapter within Diageo to be part of developing and executing a new marketing model that wins share and builds the brands of the future.
The role is responsible for the culture strategy creation, development and managing the execution and measurement as part of the new marketing model for our nurture brands in GB. A great fit for any candidate with a highly creative and entrepreneurial approach that thrives on working in a fast paced environment and with proven track record for delivering creative marketing communications that delivers business growth.
The successful candidate will be a strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment, always ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done. You will have great exposure working closely with both marketing, commercial sides of the business. The role requires true leadership and you will need to be an excellent communicator used to conversing with stakeholders of all levels internally and externally. A strong grounding in digital marketing is preferable along with knowledge and experience of the culture levers necessary to grow brands.
The Culture & Entertainment manager for NTW Brands will report into the Head of Culture, Media and Digital and will have direct exposure to the GB Marketing leadership team .
- Lead and shape our culture and entertainment strategies for all nurture brands to deliver YoY growth
- Lead the agenda in setting the cultural strategies, partnering with agencies to identifying the cultural opportunity spaces
- Identifying the right agency partners to work with Diageo to deliver on our NTW ambition and execution of the new marketing code for growth along with the right tool and technology required to succeed.
- Deliver culture and entertainment plans that create a disproportionate level of earned media at scale across all culture & entertainment marketing comms including product placement, PR, influencer, content marketing.
- Ensure all activity within digital aligns with our ‘no dead ends’ approach and is commercialised where appropriate.
- Working closely with media and digital manager to ensure all marketing communications are planned holistically and are seamlessly integrated to deliver the new code for growth
- You will need strong leadership skills in order to shape our plans and influence key stakeholders including marketing category directors & commercial leads
- Strong agency management skills and the ability to ensure the teams are working with the right agencies & partners
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Experience with strong evidence that you have created breakthrough plans and results by building brands in culture
- A proven track record for developing creative culture marketing strategies that have delivered business growth
- You are constantly curious about consumers; have a deep understanding of consumer behaviour and culture
- High attention to detail and excellent project management skills
- Proficient understanding of digital marketing across all platforms
- A strong team player who enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment. Always ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Demonstrated brilliant execution to impeccably high standards
- Deep personal accountability for great performance
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything