HRBP Functions, Open to flexible working
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference. Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
At Diageo, there are two core assets that drive growth across our business: our brands and our people. They drive one another. The HR Function sits at the heart of this.
As Business Partners, our role is to ensure we have the right conditions in place to develop and release the potential of our talent; our leaders and their teams. We are there to challenge and support in equal measure; to help strategically shape the future organisation to deliver the biggest possible performance outcomes.
The purpose of the role is to lead a team that is agile, connected and accountable partner to the Consumer Marketing and Revenue & Category Growth (RCG) Leadership teams enabling growth and performance through focusing on the five pillars of our Global HR Strategy: Continuous Learning, Disruptive Approach to Talent, Inclusion & Diversity, Speed, Focus & Simplicity & Fulfilling Employee Experiences for the market
This role is accountable for partnering with leadership teams, Global CoEs, Finance teams and Shared Services to ensure we maximize value for organisation, deliver against overheads AOP and deliver our key OE metrics while delivering improved financial performance.
This role operates across the full Market. It is critical that the incumbent can navigate the matrix organisation, lead through others, build strong relationships and influence within all levels of the business.
This role leads the people agenda across all of the functions within the Market leveraging our global Centres of Excellence and shared service colleagues.
- Partner with the marketing and RCG leadership teams to build and deliver ambitious and disruptive talent plans which includes robust succession planning to future proof the business, resourcing for our biggest opportunities at pace, strong proactive pipeline of talent, and creating exciting accelerated career path for people which accelerates their development. This will include ongoing collaboration with the Global Functions HRBPs and HRBPs in other markets.
- Lead the Organisation Effectiveness agenda across the different business areas – grounded in the market strategy and by leveraging data and analytics creating possibilities that results in high performing and game changing performance, delivers cost efficiencies and injects the right reinvestments. The role provides change leadership across the organization by pulling the levers of across capability, process, ways of working, culture and leadership to deliver the outcomes for the business.
- Drive inclusion and diversity agenda bespoke to each business area across all HR levers (talent, reward, culture, learning, etc) that creates an inclusive culture where each employee feel valued for their uniqueness and are able to maximize their impact.
- Build high performing teams, coaching line managers to create an agile, stretching and focused performance culture to enables outstanding performance and fulfilling employee experiences collaborating with HR shared service teams and our Centres of Excellence.
- Instil a continuous learning culture throughout the organisation ensuring employees have access to stretching experiences and great learning content that fuels constant growth in their capabilities and our business performance.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- An innate curiosity to understand what drives the business and how the varying agendas across each business area contribute towards driving the market forward, enabling the leader to be able to add value through seeing each scenario through the lens of both the business objective and the people agenda
- Successful management of senior stakeholders at all levels, resulting in strong and positive outcomes
- Highly conceptual – is able to join the dots and paint a picture that makes sense and influences the business
- Deep understanding of organisational design principles and how to create principles for each team to drive growth/progression
- Change and project management skills (including influencing change)
- Experience in working successfully with stakeholders at the most senior level – black-belt coach– influencing, supporting and challenging