Customer Activation Manager, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 and is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo invest significantly in direct to consumer brands building but we must partner with our customers to influence the point of purchase activation, and this is where the vast majority of our A&P investment sits. Most shoppers and consumers buy from a repertoire of brands and their behaviour can be easily influence by what they see or don’t see at the point of purchase.
It is the role of the Customer Activation team to work closely with our customer team to understand the needs of shoppers and customers and then collaborate with the shopper marketing team to create the programmes and tools that guarantee amazing execution of our brands at the point of purchase.
The Customer Activation team will then work directly with customers, supply and agencies to project manage perfect execution of the commercial calendar. In some cases, this will inform tailoring and adapting our programmes and tools to meet the specific needs of strategically important customers to enable them to differentiate their offer.
This role has direct responsibility for all activation within your customer & brand alignment. You will be working with field, national & wholesale commercial teams and alongside the Shopper Marketing brand teams to deliver best in class activation.
- To build a 30-60-90 rolling activation plan for our key brands & customer.
- Inspire your customer/s with our forward-thinking brand plans & solutions to unlock brilliant execution plans at the POP across all of our business priorities – customer facing role.
- Management of customer marketing A&P forecasting, actualising & M&E for your customer in line with our commercial plan & business priorities.
- Ownership of customer & brand tracking of execution of the commercial plan for your customer & brand – developing & managing the Customer Marketing scorecard to track execution end to end & to provide visibility of the plan within your customer vs. the plan with the business.
- To lead the tailored & differentiated execution plan for your customer driven by strategic alignment & commercial plan priorities.
- To project manage the implementation of all the key platforms & activations within your customer alignment
- To be the activation lead from a GB Off-Trade & customer lenses for your brand alignment.
- To execute visibility toolkits that make our brands show up brilliantly to customers & consumers.
- To own the delivery of technical specifications and set up of all new POS items, ensuring we deliver on time every time to our customers.
- To ensuring customer commitment/nominations are secured within agreed lead times.
- To conduct activity M&E to ensure we are constantly improving our plans.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Sales/Account Management or Activation/ Customer Marketing Manager experience
- Project Management, Analytical and core selling skills
- Time management & prioritisation skills
- Desire to create change & to build the execution tracking function
- High resilience & positive attitude – able to build powerful relationships and work collaboratively within a team cross-functionally
- Problem solver & solution-based team player who can deal with ambiguity & adapt quickly
- High attention to detail