Financial Controller, part time 2-3 days per week
We are looking for a Financial Controller with the experience, energy and vision to help us scale. You will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for building and the day to day management of our finance function.
Ideally you will be a 3+years post-qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) with relevant finance experience within a fast-paced environment. Knowledge and experience of working with Xero is also required, as well as outstanding attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
We welcome a positive attitude: 'can do' approach and willingness to give everything a go from process automation to larger strategic projects as the business scales. This is a great opportunity to put your expertise into play and be responsible for the day to day finance requirements as well offering us a more strategic direction as we grow and develop.
Hours: Part-time (minimum 16 hours per week), ideally across 2-3 days per week with a conversation around flexible working.
Location: We are currently all working from home but expect to see a gradual return to the office and this role can be worked as a mix of office and homeworking.
Salary: £50k - £70k FTE, dependent on experience
The role and responsibilities:
You’ll be taking responsibility for the finance function, including accounting, tax, payroll operations, and maintenance of systems, controls, and procedures.
- Prepare monthly management accounts including variance analysis and commentary
- Liaise with external accountants for preparation of annual financial accounts
- Monthly book-keeping (via Xero)
- Process invoices
- Process payments (via ReceiptBank/Dext)
- Reconcile bank accounts
- Credit control
- Cashflow reporting
- Advise external payroll agent. Validate payroll details, distribute monthly payslips etc.
- Assist with the ongoing budget updates and internal reporting
- Develop and execute roadmap for implementing/improving processes and controls to scale the accounting function and safeguard assets.
- Contribute to the company’s overall strategy and direction. Working with the business to grow and improve margins
- Periodic reporting to Stakeholders including the Board, Senior Management & investors
- Strong academic background
- Accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Entrepreneurial mindset and experience in scaling start-ups
- Experience with Xero accounting software
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel
If interested, please apply with your CV and covering letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in the role. We will be reviewing CV's as they are received so please do not delay making your application. Timewise Jobs is managing applications on our behalf.
About Juniper Place:
Juniper Place is a technology-led investor intelligence platform that transforms the nature of asset raising for alternative asset managers and investors. We provide our clients with the insight to enable them to segment and precisely target only those investors where there is genuine mutual interest. As part of this service, we offer bespoke investor intelligence, advisory and placement services. Juniper Place is a fast-moving scale-up where your contribution will have a tangible impact.