Director Technical Development & Support; R&D Tech, Open to flexible working
This role is a member of the leadership team governing the operational support and management of the R&D Established Products portfolio. This includes 600 systems spanning the whole R&D lifecycle.
The role is primarily to own and implement a Technical Strategy in partnership with solution groups in R&D Tech, to transform Established Products operations and how we deliver support from a technical perspective. This will include both the technical improvements and efficiencies that benefit the Solution Groups in R&D Tech, but more importantly R&D Scientists. The role includes the implementation of the strategy through technical leadership of an engineering team, and through strategic and non-strategic suppliers.
- Creation and management of the technical strategy for Established Products and Support. The strategy should look to modernize and simplify the support and development experience for the group and for R&D Scientists. This will be done through:
- Evaluation of CI/CD and automation opportunities by value, that offer substantive benefit to Established Products and Support or specific applications.
- RPA plan development and execution to look for opportunities to implement an Automation first mentality.
- Find opportunities to modernize the R&D support experience using Emerging Tech, like AI and/or Machine Learning to give scientists better access to information so that they can resolve issues themselves.
- API layering for data access onto Established products to ensure interoperability and secondary reuse of data
- Data Mapping and tracking to ensure that we understand the end to end flow of data through the environment.
- Plus other Future Proof Tech that helps remove technical complexity and improves the cost efficiency to deliver our services with our strategic partners.
- Management and implementation of the strategy, through leadership of a team and supplier relationship oversight.
- Leadership of the strategy to migrate R&D systems out of data centers, and into a hybrid cloud model.
- Deep Dive support on the very toughest issues to get to resolution for the benefit of R&D scientists.
- Core Tech relationship management and influencing, to ensure that we have a view of future change to the technical landscape and the toolsets that Core Tech offer.
- Oversight and coordination of the execution of Technical Uplifts for Established Products. E.g. Java, Security etc
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Demonstrated credibility with Tech and R&D leaders at an executive level
- Experience in delivering IT for mission critical tech at a Fortune 100 company, including experience with ITIL
- Experience with cloud platforms, both IaaS and PaaS and SaaS
- Experience with GxP and regulatory audits
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to influence sr. leadership and decision-making using data, market evidence
- Relentless for delivering business outcomes and value and simplification with a passion for science and advancing medicines to patients
- An inspiring leader with external/industry presence
- Strong Technical capability and experience in Future proof modern tech.
- Bachelors - Computer Science or Engineering
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 9th May 2021 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.