Clinical Biomarker Lead, Open to flexible working
6 days left
- Contract Type
GlaxoSmithKline is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to support our mission to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
The Clinical Biomarker Lead will report to the Clinical Biomarker Director and will have responsibility for development and effective implementation of the biomarker strategy to support project clinical development. Working as part of clinical team, the Clinical Biomarker Lead will develop and integrate the biomarker strategy into the clinical development plans. The Clinical Biomarker Lead will employ cutting edge technologies and procedures to discover and clinically validate biomarkers. The implementation of the biomarker strategy as part of a well thought through clinical plan will ensure optimally informed decision making in drug development.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and maintaining project clinical biomarker strategy including approaches to pharmacodynamic and predictive biomarkers.
- Representing biomarker strategy at the EDT/MDT, study teams and Protocol Review Forum
- Providing input to clinical teams on biomarker-related elements of study trial design and conduct and incorporating biomarkers into clinical protocols, Study Reference Manuals and Central Lab Worksheets.
- Establishing and delivering budget plans for biomarkers to EDT/MDT.
- Working with Research Unit project biologist to ensure alignment of preclinical and clinical biomarker strategies.
- Working with internal technology groups, Contract Research Organisations and collaborators to deliver clinically validated biomarker assays into clinical studies.
- Working with the diagnostic group to establish strategies for validation, implementation and regulatory approval of predictive biomarkers.
- Ensuring alignment of biomarker outputs with data management, statistics, and modelling/simulation requirements.
- As part of the EDT/MDT establishing clear decision-making criteria to enable informed clinical decisions.
- Point contact for resolving study biomarker issues.
- As required contributing to the study design, biomarker implementation and analysis of observational studies, Investigator Sponsored Studies and collaborative/consortia approaches
- As required supporting the expansion of mechanism and disease understanding of approved drugs to generate insights that can be leveraged in indication expansion and marketing.
Closing Date for Applications: 12th May 2021 (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in life sciences (background/degree in immunology an advantage) with some experience in pharmaceutical industry supporting pipeline progression.
- Awareness and preferably experience in conducting clinical trials and working as part of a clinical study team.
- Knowledge and preferably track-record of working to GCP principles.
- Experience with the discovery, validation and implementation of biomarkers.
- Knowledge of biomarker technologies and their clinical implementation.
- Excellent communication skills and positive can-do attitude.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Scientist and/or Physician (PhD, MD or equivalent) with some experience in the application of biomarkers in clinical trials.
- Experience in conducting clinical trials and working as part of a clinical study team.
- Knowledge and track-record of working to GCP principles.
- Experience with the discovery, validation and clinical implementation of biomarkers.
- Awareness and preferably experience of predictive biomarkers including diagnostic development.
- Knowledge and experience of biomarker technologies and their clinical implementation.
- Good interpersonal and matrix working skills.
- Ability to influence teams and key stakeholders.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.