Medical Affairs Project Manager Hepatology, Open to flexible working
GSK has a long history of innovation in hepatology and is advancing a late-stage pipeline containing assets targeting chronic hepatitis B and cholestatic pruritus in primary biliary cholangitis. The two projects have their own medical affairs leaders but work closely together, particularly on congresses, and engage with closely overlapping groups of healthcare practitioners.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, high performing Medical Affairs team as a Medical Project Manager - Hepatology, reporting into the Medical Affairs lead for Hepatology. This is a critical role which will be responsible for Medical Project Management for our pipeline assets in chronic hepatitis B and cholestatic pruritus.
The remit of the Medical Project Manager role is to drive the development of Medical Plans and consistent and timely delivery of Medical Affairs Team deliverables outlined therein. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to) coordination of the Global Medical Affairs Team; planning and implementation of scientific engagement and communication including advisory boards, symposia and congresses; facilitating integration of external insights; coordinating delivery and approval of external and training materials; facilitating review/ tracking of Supported Studies and budget planning and tracking. The role is designed to facilitate the embedding of consistent ways of working across the Therapy Area and to enable the Medical team to focus on value-added activities specific to their roles and expertise. The role has global coverage, covers daily global, and frequent Regional and Local Operating Company interactions.
- Coordinate activities and timings to support teams in developing robust Business Plans and corresponding Medical Affairs Plans
- Serve as Asset Plan Coordinator accountable for creating and maintaining Global Medical Affairs Plans in planning systems and oversight of functional plans to deliver integrated plan accuracy
- Lead on Effort Tracking and Integrated Resource Management aligned to planned packages of work
- Serve as Secretariat for Global Medical Affairs Teams (GMATs) and Integrated Evidence Teams (IET) by coordinating agendas, support facilitation, engage in constructive challenge, summarizing key decisions, capturing minutes/actions/risks and track progress to resolution
- In partnership with Finance, track Variable, Evidence Generation and Headcount Spend on a defined basis (eg, monthly). Appropriately communicate risk areas and track to resolution to drive financial discipline with teams.
- Coordinate required input from teams on Performance Reporting Dashboards in the Therapy Area and for the wider Global Medical Organization.
- Embed consistent and compliant ways of working across teams (e.g. Risk Management, Audit readiness and responsiveness)
- Support planning for external facing activities e.g. Advisory Boards, Congresses, Symposia, stand-alone GSK Meetings
- Provide Launch support where appropriate including tracking of delivery of training and all related materials
- Actively participate in Therapy Area Project Management Community of Practice to share learnings across asset teams and drive best practice
- Lead/support discrete Therapy Area and Enterprise-wide initiatives where appropriate
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification
- Minimum of 3 years experience within the pharmaceutical industry. Other industry experience can also be relevant if strong project management skills have been demonstrated
- Analytical, logical thought process with proven track record of strong matrix management, facilitation, and project management skills
- Effective time management, ability to clearly identify priorities and manage multiple tasks
- Understanding of the lifecycle of pharmaceutical drug development and commercialisation
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint, and database management skills
Recommended but not required:
- Understanding of core Medical Affairs processes (e.g. Medical Planning, Scientific Engagement Planning, Copy Approval) is preferred
- Certifications in Accelerating Delivery Performance (ADP) methods, project/programme management and/or Lean/Six Sigma preferred. However, a track record of timely delivery of complex projects would be considered.
- Knowledge of ADP/ Project management / Lean Sigma / business continuous improvement principles
- Familiarity with existing GSK platforms (e.g. Team Site and GSK intranet)
- Experience with planning systems like Planisware or similar preferred
- This role requires a high degree of agility to function effectively in ambiguous and complex environments
- Strong influencing, negotiating, facilitating, stakeholder management and communication skills required
- Strong skills in managing multiple projects simultaneously with an ability to prioritise appropriately
- Track record of building strong internal and external networks
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.