Technical Architect, UKIT - Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
- We are open to flexible contracts
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. Our Information Technology Generalist - Practice Support team focuses on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing internal applications, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for PwC to drive strategic business growth.
What a Technical Architect does
A Technical Architect is responsible for the design and build of technical architecture and will:
- Undertake structured analysis of technical issues, translating this analysis into technical designs that describe a solution
- Be consulted on the design of a solution and work closely with developers when designing appropriate solutions
- Identify deeper issues that need fixing
- Look for opportunities to collaborate and reuse components, communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Gain an understanding of the overall strategy and how the architecture supports this.
- Regularly connects with fellow architects to draw on and share expertise and experiences
- Ensure architectural decisions align to agreed guardrails
Practical experience with detailed knowledge of one (or more) of the following areas:
- Cloud environments (e.g GCP, AWS, Azure etc)
- Infrastructure Implementation (eg Networks, Platforms, Operating Systems)
And experience of the following:
- Data technologies (e.g. Power BI, Alteryx, SQL etc)
- Information Security
- Project/ Service (e.g. Business Analysis, Project management, ITIL etc.)
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.