School Administrative Officer
School Administrative Officer
RESPONSIBLE TO: The Headmistress / The Directors / The School Secretary
STATUS: Part Time (3 days per week, 7 hrs per day (initially Wed/Thu/Fri but we can be flexible) / Term Time plus 6 weeks (35 + 6 weeks= 41 weeks)
HOURS: Shift rota (8am - 4pm, 9am-5pm or 10am - 6pm)
SALARY: ??10.50/hr (??9.37 plus 12.07% Holiday pay) x 7 hrs per day x 3 days per week x 41 weeks per year = ??9,040pa, paid monthly in arrears.
HOLIDAYS: None to be taken during term time unless specifically agreed with the Headmistress & Bursar. (Please note May bank holiday is a working day at Adcote School.)
* Using school software to register children daily attendance including any work required to maintain Engage in an up to date manner.
* Daily Covid reporting via Government Website
* Regular updating of Fire Registers & Emergency Registers to conform to the School's procedures
* Minutes for Staff/Teacher/SMT meetings/disciplinary meetings, type up, distribute and create e-filing system for minutes
* Organise and collate information for end of term mail outs including delivery
* Organise and collate end of term school reports including e-delivery and mailing
* Administrative support for the Exams Officer during the year plus 2 weeks in the Summer Holiday
* Parent e-mails & letters
* Newsletter and website assistance
* Telephone calls
* Cover for Reception desk as necessary
* Updating school calendar on the website
* Opening and handling post
* Day to day dealings with Pupil/parent queries
* Photo copying / Laminating documents
* Update notice boards as required
* Dealing with current pupil correspondence
* Visitor records/Greeting visitors/visitor hospitality as part of rota.
* E-mail correspondence for & and Safety:
* Maintain a safe and positive working environment.
* Under the Health & Safety at Work Act a member of staff is required to take reasonable care for his/her own health and safety and abide by the School's Health & Safety policy.
* A good academic record;
* A high level of organisational and administrative competency;
* Proven and demonstrable people/team building management skills;
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; established good links with students, parents, staff and Governors alike;
* Ability to maintain close and harmonious relations with work colleagues at all levels;
* Ability to demonstrate successful and effective customer relations, communication and customer care skills;
* Good oral skills and a sound command of written English;
* Good computer literacy with good facility in using Microsoft Word, Excel, web and database programmes.
It is expected that the Administrative Assistant will:
* Be an outgoing, confident, affable and positive personality;
* Be committed to fully supporting Adcote School
* Be a pro-active person of integrity, drive, energy and stamina;
* Be capable of showing initiative including the ability to think ahead and work flexibly without constant direction to deliver his/her outputs;
* Possess good team working skills;
* Critically, the post holder must have an excellent telephone and personal manner, of smart personal and professional appearance and an efficient operator who is a team player and works well under pressure.
??? All staff share the responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and must adhere to, and comply with, the School's Child Protection Policy.
The closing date for applications is the 17th May 2021.
The position will be conditional of an enhanced DBS check which will be carried out prior to the commencement of employment and two satisfactory references. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the police.
The School reserves the right to appoint at any stage of the recruitment process