Service Operations Coordinator, Part time 10 hours per week, homeworking
Salary: £27,938 per annum London Office Rate, £25,394 per annum Home Rate pro rated
Type of Employment: Permanent
Dept and Location: Services, London Office or Home based
Hours: 10 hours per week
At Teenage Cancer Trust we create world class cancer services for young people in the UK, providing life-changing care and support so young people don’t have to face cancer alone. In this role you will have the opportunity to improve the teenage and young adult services we fund, directly impacting on our purpose and becoming part of our great charity.
You will be working with our existing part time Service Operations Coordinator to provide administrative and project management support to specific areas of work within the Service Delivery and Youth Engagement and Participation teams.
Key responsibilities will focus around supporting the roll out of our digital service offer and embedding our newly established Services Database as well on going administrative responsibilities as outlined in the job description supporting the wider team.
This role can be home based or work from our London office, working 10 hours per week.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Working with our existing part time Service Operations Coordinator to provide administrative and project management support to specific areas of work within the Service Delivery and Youth Engagement and Participation teams.
Project Management Support
- Support the implementation of IAM portal (an assessment and care planning portal for TYA with cancer across the UK) as listed below:
- Working with the IAM Project Manager and Exec in the implementation of the IAM Portal where needed providing cover and additional support in any absences.
- Provide administrative support for Teenage Cancer Trust Connect (the private digital peer support platform) as listed below:
- Work with the digital team in Marketing and Communications as needed on this project
- Liaise with funded staff in the verification process of young people
- Undertake the administrative processes for onboarding young people (aged 13-27yo)
- Be a point of contact for funded staff and young people for administrative issues
- Manage the moderator rota and provide moderation of content in working hours.
- Support the Youth Engagement and Participation managers in the planning, organisation, delivery, management and evaluation of all digital and face to face peer support activities and events.
- Monitor the reports received from the Helpdesk portal, using this data to identify ongoing issues, developing and implementing an action plan with relevant team members.
- Procure items required for the units
- Assist in the coordination of donations (physical items or tickets and opportunities) to units following the agreed process and working with the Operational Partnership Managers as required.
- Assist in the organisation of unit visits (virtual or face to face), liaising with key stakeholders and ensuring timely communication and confirmation, being sensitive of key issues.
- Provide administration support to members of the team as needed, including inputting to the Services Database, and CARE databases capital and refurbishment schemes producing documents, reporting as required, meetings, placing purchase orders, coordinating marketing materials and collateral.
- Analyse current maintenance programmes and costs, making recommendations for the future to ensure best value and service.
- Support the professional training and development grants for funded staff, recording, managing and reporting key information as required.
- Work with the Operational Partnership Managers to issue the annual Terms of Grant contract for all funded staff and Development Agreements for capital projects.
- Support the database team in embedding the Services Database as the core business management tool across the Services directorate
Financial Support and Processing
- Work with Operational Partnership Managers and Youth Engagement and Participation Managers on the necessary financial processes related to their areas of responsibility
- Log financial information on the Services Database as required.
- Liaise with Heads of, managers and the Finance Department to ensure purchase orders and invoices are authorised in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate the budget and expenditure recording, providing and inputting expenditure information for Head of Operational Delivery and Head of Youth Engagement and Participation and wider team as required.
Communications and Relationships
- Act as the point of contact for internal and external stakeholders (including young people, families and funded staff) ensuring timely and appropriate communication is provided.
- Build strong working relationships with colleagues in other Teenage Cancer Trust departments to ensure information and communication regarding Operational Delivery and Youth Engagement and Participation services is timely, appropriate and effectively managed.
- Communicate with funded staff when organising and managing events for young people.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure value for money, ensuring service level agreements are being met.
Information Management and Coordination
- Input, maintain and manage data on CARE and the Services Database as required
- Collate and coordinate reports and information as required by the Directors Deputy Directors and Heads of across the charity
- Manage specific external communications to key stakeholders as required.
Governance, Risk and Safeguarding
- Assist team to identify and assess safeguarding risks for team.
- Liaison with third party organisations and practitioners to ensure they have the required public liability, professional registration and safeguarding processes in place prior to delivering services, which will include risk assessments.
- Undertake any other duties that are commensurate with the post as requested by your manager.
- Carry out duties of post in accordance with Teenage cancer Trust policies and procedures.
How to Apply
Please click the ‘Apply’ button below for further details on the role and to make your application.
Closing Date: 16th May 2021
1st stage interviews: 24th May 2021
2nd stage interviews: 1st June 2021