Social Media & Digital Executive (12 month FTC), Part time 21 hours per week
The CBI champion Diversity and Inclusion for all roles across the business. The CBI carries out a fair and thorough process without bias and we particularly encourage applications from candidates from BAME backgrounds”
About Change the Race Ratio
Change the Race Ratio is a business led Campaign launched in October 2020, calling on business leaders to accelerate racial and ethnic diversity within their senior leadership teams. The Campaign was initiated by the CBI and supported by 14 founding business partners.
Our campaign is sets out four Commitments to Change that we are asking businesses to act on:
- Increase racial and ethnic diversity among Board members, in line with the Parker review
- Increase racial and ethnic diversity in senior leadership
- Commit to publishing ethnicity pay gaps by the end of 2022
- Create an inclusive culture in which talent from all diversities can thrive
Our intent is to create a community and a peer group that supports our signatories to take action against the commitments; encouraging signatories to share best practice, be open about lessons learnt and provide a space to connect and learn from experts.
The Social Media & Digital Executive works closely with the Change the Race Ratio Campaign Manager, Change the Race Ratio Founders and the CBI Communications team to create engaging content for Change the Race Ratio’s digital presence. This will include keeping social media channels updated and brand-focused, seeking out new social media avenues and ways of connecting with audiences. The role also takes responsibility for maintaining the campaign website, a new site is due to be launched in the summer, ensuring content is kept updated and that the site design and layout responds to visitor behaviour data and analytics.
This is a part time role 21 hours a week. Flexibility on working pattern to suit the needs of the candidate and campaign.
Social Media Responsibilities
- Manages Change the Race Ratio’s social media channels, including LinkedIn, Twitter, and other relevant platforms
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates regular and brand consistent pieces of dynamic written, graphic, and video content each week
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Plans and executes social media campaigns to support large projects, events and key campaign announcements
- Develops and executes a community engagement plan to engage with campaign signatories on social media
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Uses scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analysing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary
- Produces a monthly report into the effectiveness of social media for management.
Digital Executive Responsibilities
- Reviewing, editing and uploading content for Change the Race Ratio, ensuring it is accurate, up to date, engaging and compliant with brand guidelines
- Writing and shaping new content where necessary, ensuring relevance to audience and appropriate tone
- Preparing content for online publication and upload to website
- Monitor and implement changes to respond to google analytics reports and web visitor behaviour to ensure the website delivers both in engaging signatories and attracting non-signatories
- Compiling and editing newsletters and briefings
- Write and edit event collateral, upload to website and support on event logistics (invitations, joining instructions, speakers briefs) as and when required
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of the social media landscape and appropriate ways of measuring delivery
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible/ think laterally in problem solving.
- Knowledge and experience of creating graphics and using design programmes like Canva and Photoshop
- Familiar with website content management systems preferably Umbraco
- Understanding of the project management lifecycle, especially with fast paced, agile digital projects
- Experienced in managing projects both internally within an organisation and with key vendors
- Knowledge of website and social analytics with the ability to identify key areas of improvement
- Understanding of the website testing process; cross browser and devices
- Good organisational and team working skills
- Excellent creative writing skills
- Good all-round communicator
- Sound judgement
- Ability to work under pressure/meet tight deadlines
- Ability to be flexible/ think laterally in problem solving
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application