Medical Director - Oncology Clinical Development - Cancer Epigenetics, Open to flexible working
Do you want to be part of a highly regarded and rapidly growing Oncology R&D team focused on improving the lives of cancer patients? If so, this Medical Director - Cancer Epigenetics opportunity is an excellent opportunity to explore.
GSK is expanding the Oncology Clinical Development organization and we are seeking experienced professionals to join our exciting journey. GSK Oncology has a commitment to the discovery and development of new oncology therapies with the life-changing potential of helping patients with cancer, specifically in four areas of cancer research:
- Immuno-Oncology : using the human immune system to treat cancer
- Cell/Gene Therapy: engineering human T-cells to target cancer
- Cancer Epigenetics: modulating the gene-regulatory system of the epigenome to exert anti-cancer effects
- Synthetic Lethality: targeting two mechanisms at the same time which together, but not alone, have substantial effects against cancer
The Medical Director as a study physician will be responsible for clinical research activities pertaining to advancing the development of GSK's clinical portfolio and will also have responsibility for engaging in medical dialogues with relevant scientific and medical leaders in order to lead clinical data generation activities. This individual will also have a leading role in managing effective relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Collaborate with physicians, scientists, regulatory professionals, biostatisticians, executive staff and others as necessary to development and execute clinical trials from beginning to end. Contribute to ongoing or planned interventional clinical trials (phase 1-3)
- In collaboration with clinical teams, drive clinical trial execution to achieve timely completion of clinical studies.
- Assume medical responsibility for clinical trials including active participation in real-time medical monitoring of studies, including patient eligibility assessment, study design questions and safety data review.
- Conduct safety monitoring in collaboration with CRO pharmacovigilance group of active clinical studies.
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of clinical study data.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Regulatory Affairs, CMC, Toxicology, Research, Pharmacology to respond to health authority and ethics committee queries.
- Participate in clinical study report writing and review, using medical expertise to identify ways to best analyze and present data
- Collaborate with Principal Investigators in the evaluation and assessment of publications (abstracts, posters, manuscripts) associated with clinical data.
- Network extensively to develop long-term strategic partnerships with thought leaders both internally and externally, in support of GSK's vision.
- Represent GSK at medical meetings, advisory boards and outreach meetings as needed/appropriate.
We are seeking a professional with the following qualifications and skills to achieve our goals
- MD (or equivalent), ideally with board certification or board qualifications (or international equivalent) in medical oncology, hematology, or related disciplines.
- At least 3 years of clinical development experience within the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, with focus and track record of experience with leading oncology clinical trials, including but not limited to company sponsored, and/or investigator-initiated studies, or cooperative group trials.
- Candidates with Medical Affairs background and clinical trial experience will also be considered.
- Candidates coming from Academia and a strong track record of clinical trial experience will also be considered.
- Strong academic research publication history or history of medical practice in a relevant field.
- Clinical practice experience strongly desired.
- PhD and/or translational experience a plus.
- Established professional relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the oncology field
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.