Mayors Events and Business Manager, Open to flexible working
Thanks to an innovative Shared Staffing Arrangement (SSA), we can offer a very special type of role of Mayors Events and Business Manager, for not one, but two boroughs. The London Boroughs of Richmond and Wandsworth have come together in a Shared Staffing Arrangement (SSA) to share expertise, increase efficiency and create economies of scale and deliver a first-class service. And that gives you an exciting opportunity to lead a team of 4 people working across both councils
The Mayors Events & Business Manager will be responsible for maintaining the reputation of both Mayoralties and promoting a positive image of the councils and positive leadership, links between the Councils and residents and local organisations in the boroughs. We embrace innovation and encourage performance while supporting your career and providing a great working environment. As part of the Support and Member Services management team, you will enable us to continue to build on our success, bring new experience, knowledge and ideas.
You will be required to:
- Bring experience and fresh perspectives to lead the delivery of high profile civic and charity events while providing effective office and diary management support to the Mayoralties of two sovereign councils.
- Support the Mayors of Wandsworth and Richmond upon Thames high promoting good causes, raising money for charity and representing the council at civic functions.
- Provide strong leadership and management support to the Mayoralty Team and direct resources looking for opportunities to innovate, raise profile of the mayoralties whilst always seeking ways to work more efficiently.
- Lead from the front; being a visible and reassuring presence at key events is critical, whilst at the same time motivating and supporting colleagues to deliver.
- Take financial responsibility for the Mayors’ Charities and as one of the Charity Trustees ensure strong governance and compliance with the requirements of the Council’s and the Charity Commission. You will review processes and seek to identify, develop, plan and change strategies to deliver improvements to the service.
- Provide expert business support to the wider Chief Executive’s team.
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- Your style and approach will reflect our values of being open, supportive and positive and helpful
- Challenged by a variety of workload while allowing autonomy to shape your work and environment in ways that allow you to perform at your best.
- You will need to be a good communicator, have experience of event and project management, be well organised, have excellent written, numerical and analytical skills and sound IT abilities.
- You will have strong management and budget skills. You will need to be able to work flexibly to deliver events which are often in the evenings and weekends.
If successful you will be joining a team that is committed to delivering successful high profile civic & charity events & while supporting the cultural life in the boroughs.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance. These include home & flexible working (dependent on service need), and a generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities is also offered.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday 16/5/2021
Shortlisting Date: W/C 17/5/2021
Interview Date: 3/6/2021 & 7/6/2021 (TBC)
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.