Finance Partner GEC - Secondment/FTC March 2022, Open to flexible working
We are seeking a Finance Partner to join us in GSK HQ to support our Global Ethics and Compliance (GEC) function.
As a Finance Partner you will be accountable for the delivery of financial management services and expertise within Global Support Functions (GSF), managing financial results to business targets which directly enable GSF success.
In this role you will provide financial and strategic advice to GSF Leadership Teams in order to actively contribute to delivery of overall financial and functional performance. Scope includes financial planning, decision support, process simplification, financial management and governance.
This role reports into the Finance Partner, Legal and Global Ethics and Compliance (GEC).
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
- Lead the month end and year end process, involves working with central finance, LOC finance, support teams in India to ensure a deep level of understanding and to ensure the accuracy of the numbers.
- Lead the forecasting/budgeting process; Update 1 and 2; Forecast 1 and Plan.
- Work with the function to achieve targets and savings required. Provide insightful inputs and identify and communicate risks and opportunities
- Establish strong business partnerships with functional senior management, budget owners and project managers by understanding the business area, objectives, needs and issues. Provide insightful input into the performance of the function against budget.
- Identify and support simplification projects and implementation of best practices. Continually challenge processes and implement process improvements.
- Fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA or equivalent).
- Finance partnering experience.
- Financial management experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience of financial analysis, forecasting, planning and decision making support.
- Experience leading the month end and year end process.
- Strong IT skills and ability to work with a range of financial systems.
Demonstrated ability to display key attributes of successful Finance business partnering:
- Driving Partnerships
- Catalyst for Change
- Option Analysis & Decision Making
- Questioning & Challenging
- Being Enterprise Minded
- Communicating Results.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.