PDA Business Consultant, Open to flexible working
Berkshire - Maidenhead, County Durham - Barnard Castle, Hertfordshire - Stevenage, Hertfordshire - Ware, North Ayrshire - Irvine, West Sussex - Worthing, London - Brentford
GSK is looking for a Business Consultant, People Analytics
Who are we?
People Analytics is a relatively new team for GSK, rapidly developing the People Analytics capability across the organization. Our purpose is to ensure strategic HR decisions at GSK are driven by facts. The team applies advanced analytical techniques to provide data driven insights on what really matters to employees and which human capital investments really drive business results. The team sits within the HR organization, in a dynamic, evolving environment.
The PDA business consultant role seeks to bring the voice of the business into the PDA function when it comes to the development of advanced analytics products. Our team has the ambition to develop scalable data products, which means we need to ensure our products are aligned with HR and business needs, but also that they provide relevant insights and business value.
Core of the role is to continuously scan HR and the business environment, identify business priorities and associated workforce challenges and translate these into potential advanced analytics solutions. As we are working in an Agile way of working, this means the business consultant acts as an Analytics Translator, making sure our products are fit for purpose.
The business consultants in our team play a meaningful role in driving the People Analytics capability forward. You are able to secure the successful implementation of People Analytics projects, by being essential to the distinctive needs of each business situation, by dealing authoritatively with senior stakeholders, by collaborating closely with different departments and assembling together all the vital resources, by communicating results into the detailed, easy-to-understand outcomes, and by making sure analytical insights are translated into a meaningful direction and advice for (senior) Management.
At the same time, the business consultants will use business development skills for the strategic growth of GSK's People Analytics capabilities.
You will be responsible for leading projects, driving business development, translating business requests into data requirements (and vice versa), pushing forward change initiatives and bringing transformation in the area of People Analytics.
We work on a variety of HR and business topics, delivering our insights to senior management. Together with our data analysts and data engineers, as part of our Agile way of working, you will:
- Work on the front line, identifying business priorities and collaborating closely with senior partners
- Work with Business leaders (HR/BU/GSF) to translate the strategic workforce priorities into potential advanced analytics opportunities; frame business questions and define requirements for the analytics solution development team to translate into analysis
- Lead the end-to-end solution development cycle and be responsible for the iterative development of the data analytics solution
- Handle the key partners in the business to advise of progress, decision outcomes at each gate of the product development; handle expectations (timing, end product, cost) in line with stage gated/pipeline approach.
- Identifies business SME's and other key resources to involve in business requirements collection to ensure product development is "fit for purpose"; engages with business leaders to ensure they will secure and release capacity for SME's and other required resources to actively participate into product development during our Agile "sprints"
- Present outcomes in a meaningful and accessible way, provide strategic direction and advice
- Work with the GCC delivery team to quickly prototype, launch and test changes that will improve and deliver the end product
- Work with the Implementation and Engagement team to coordinate effective delivery of the end product with impactful communications, basic training and organisational change to ensure accurate adoption of analytics solutions by HR and business partners
- Work with the Implementation and Engagement team to develop a Product Strategy, making sure new product iterations and launches are driving impact
- Ensure advanced analytics pipeline is regularly re-filled with new opportunities to fuel the pipeline and contribute to improving Workforce Data Driven decision in the HR function
- Excellent team player, able to actively engage your colleagues by sharing, giving and asking for help.
- Consulting background (internal or external) and understands the financial drivers of a business
- Ability to influence wide range of senior partners across different geographies/cultures and BU's
- Shown Business savviness and acuity, political agility, critical thinking
- Business development minded: proactive; self-starter
- Excellent English communication skills and are able to craft findings and recommendations into the business language of your partners;
- Experience in people analytics role or analytics team preferred
- Demonstrates curiosity
- Experienced in agile development methodologies
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.