LBG Returners - Treasury Finance and Reporting (Part time/Flexible working)
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
The Finance and Reporting team’s primary function is to provide insightful and value-add financial information to the Group Corporate Treasury (GCT) business to support its decision-making and the delivery of strategic aims. The role will be within one of the Finance & Reporting sub-teams and will be at Manager level.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose - to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities and we are playing a central role in creating a thriving UK economy.
You will be joining our Group Corporate Treasury (GCT) function, which performs the core Treasury function of arranging the funding, and managing liquidity and capital for the whole of Lloyds Banking Group. The role will be within the Finance and Reporting team, a key function in securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Group.
Our proud culture of Building the Best Team in Finance and our subdivision promotes a positive, empowered culture. You’ll enjoy contributing to a diverse and inclusive team and thriving in an innovative and exciting work environment!
As is most of the world, the entire team is currently working remotely and this is something we intend to carry on embracing into the future. The location of this role is London, but we expect this role to work in a hybrid way, flexing between working from home and the office hub. We recognise that in order to attract the best people we need to be flexible – we know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable! Whilst we can’t accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked.
Why the Lloyds Banking Group Returners Programme?
If you've taken a career break for at least two years then you're eligible to apply to our award-winning Returners Programme at Lloyds Banking Group.
We're in the middle of a huge transformation to realise our ambition of building the bank of the future, whilst also fulfilling on our commitments to Helping Britain Recover.
If successful we'd put you through a 16 week programme, designed to re-integrate you back into your career and restore the skills and value you possess. After the programme we'd then look to the possibility of you securing a permanent role with us. The programme start date is likely to be end-September 2021.
The Finance and Reporting team's primary function is to provide insightful and value-add financial information to the GCT business to support its decision-making and the delivery of strategic aims. The role will be within one of the Finance & Reporting sub-teams and will be at Manager level.
Some of key activities that you might be involved in (depending on the team) are:
- Acting as a strategic business partner to the various GCT desks - using strong understanding of the business to generate ideas, make recommendations based on financial analysis and provide independent challenge
- Management reporting - telling the 'story' behind the numbers to GCT senior management and Central Finance (presentations on a regular basis)
- Planning, forecasting and stress testing for GCT and the legal entities it supports
- Support for 'one-off complex transactions' and new products for GCT - ensuring the financial impacts are understood and approvals obtained from stakeholders across the Group
- Hedge accounting - management of banking book accounting volatility for the Group
- Contributing towards the maintenance of the department's risk and controls framework
- Driving process and efficiency improvements (Operational Excellence)
- Leading and providing support to a team in their daily activities (if a Senior Manager position)
- Implementation of the Finance strategy - 'Harnessing Data to Enhance Control, Build Efficiency and Drive Value for the Group'
We'd love to see a number of the below aspects in your background:
- Relevant Treasury experience
- Good knowledge of Treasury products and the accounting for financial instruments
- Understanding of the purpose of a Group Treasury function within a Bank
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment and experience in dealing with multiple legal entities preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex, technical concepts in an understandable manner to a wide range of stakeholders, often those at senior levels
- Highly analytical and able to draw out key messages from complex data in order to support and influence decision making
- Willingness to proactively work with other areas of finance and the business to resolve issues and meet deadlines
- A change mind-set - keen to challenge and make continual improvements to our ways of working
- An understanding of the importance of strong controls and a willingness to keep challenging and improving our controls environment
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant (?)
So what do we want to see in your style?
Firstly you're big on collaborating, quick to establish and build communities of meaningful relationships with our key stakeholders and wider.
These relationships you naturally nurture to ensure your diverse group of internal customers are comfortable their needs are being represented.
You'll also have a gift for clear communication to deliver consistent messages across your area of influence - negotiating effectively to ensure collective agreement.
And you'll need to be an effective decision-maker - using your analytical thinking and problem solving abilities to arrive at customer-centric decisions.
What we'll give you in return
We'll help you get up to speed quickly within a supportive environment.
If you have the skills we are looking for, we would love to hear from you. We can offer you a real opportunity to develop your Treasury finance skills and experience. We will help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil your potential in the future.
That's why our Returners Programme backs up our dedication to providing genuine equal opportunity and we'd also happily talk about working patterns outside the standard 9-5.
We'll also give you a fixed term contract with a regular salary and access to wider benefits.
So if you're ready to dust off those hard-won Treasury finance skills then apply today and see where the programme will take you...we'd love to hear from you.