LBG Returners Business Analyst (Full time/Part Time/Jobshare)
Job Description Summary
Interprets complex data and manages the efficient and effective production of high quality information, analysis and research, anticipating stakeholder needs.
The Group Transformation Division are looking for Business Analysts to join them in building the bank of the future, for the society of the future.
These opportunities are split across our Commercial, Enterprise and Insurance & Wealth teams; one role in particular will be within our European Lab.
As is most of the world, our teams are currently working remotely and this is something we intend to carry on embracing into the future. The locations for these roles are across our core hubs: London, Bristol, Halifax, Leeds & Edinburgh.
We expect this role to work in a hybrid way, flexing between working from home and the office hub. We recognise that in order to attract the best people we need to be flexible - we know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable! Whilst we can't accommodate every flexible working request, we are happy to be asked.
Why the Lloyds Banking Group Returners Programme?
If you've taken a career break for at least two years then you're eligible to apply to our award-winning Returners Programme at Lloyds Banking Group.
We're in the middle of a huge transformation to realise our ambition of building the bank of the future, whilst also fulfilling on our commitments to Helping Britain recover.
If successful we'd put you through a 16 week programme, designed to re-integrate you back into your career and restore the skills and value you possess. After the programme we'd then look to the possibility of your securing a permanent role with us.
Our Business Analysts make this possible, perhaps you could join them?
- You'll support the Lab Product Owner (PO) to understand business problems, critically evaluating business ideas from a customer and a commercial point of view.
- You'd be using your BA and process design skills to identify business needs, analyse and shape requirements and support the testing and implementation of agreed solutions.
- You'd then support the PO to ensure Labs and Teams make the right choices to ensure investment in the right solution focusing on the value to both customer and business.
- You'll build up subject matter knowledge (business and domain) and then learn to understand and influence the Lab strategy as well as the business objectives aligned to it.
- And you'll drive the development and maintenance of the business architecture artefacts document changes to the operating model/customer journeys/colleague processes.
We'd love to see a number of the below aspects in your background:
- You'll hopefully have a solid understanding of business analysis and architecture methodologies and techniques.
- You'll ideally know how to develop, define & document 'As Is' & 'To Be' process models, ideally with data definitions.
- You should have had exposure to a range of different disciplines such as Operating Model, Process Design, Architecture and Technology, ideally able to validate designs and solutions.
- Any exposure to systems thinking, business architecture and agile change delivery used to influence and drive consistent ways of working would be high on our desirable list.
- Similarly an understanding of banking operating model and process frameworks with techniques to analyse and improve them (e.g. Lean, six sigma etc.) would be useful.
- Familiarity with behaviour and test driven development along with producing supporting Acceptance Criteria would also be very advantageous.
So what do we want to see in your style?
Firstly you're big on collaborating, quick to establish and build communities of meaningful relationships with a key players in the Lab and wider.
These relationships you naturally nurture to ensure your diverse group of internal customers are comfortable their needs are being represented.
You'll also have a gift for clear communication to deliver consistent messages across your area of influence - negotiating effectively to ensure collective agreement.
And you'll need to be an effective decision-maker - using your analytical thinking and problem solving abilities to arrive at customer-centric decisions.
What we'll give you in return
We'll help you get up to speed quickly within a supportive environment.
And we'll provide you with challenges that make a difference to real lives, along with the opportunity to work alongside committed people caring about innovating for our customers.
That's why our Returners Programme backs up our dedication to providing genuine equal opportunity and we'd also happily talk about working patterns outside the standard 9-5.
We'll also give you a fixed term contract with a regular salary and access to wider benefits.
Salary offered will be dependant upon experience and location and will be between £33,093-£49,743
So if you're ready to dust off those hard-won BA skills then apply today and see where the programme will take you...we'd love to hear from you.
Please include the following within your CV - In less than 200 words explain your motivation for wanting to be part of the Returners Programme, what strengths and skills will you bring to the role and what do you hope to gain from the experience.