International Tax Associate Director, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Our London Corporate Tax team is looking for an Associate Director to join our growing team and facilitate the continued growth of the international tax practice in London. You will develop strong relationships with clients and across the firm, lead on delivery of complex cross border tax assignments and help grow our business through active business development.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this International Tax Associate Director role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You’ll be advising multinational groups on a range of cross border tax issues, including corporate tax residence and permanent establishment concepts, group restructuring and supply chain issues, tax efficient financing, withholding taxes and treaty interpretation, new inbound or outbound expansion plans etc.
- Be a part of a team. You’ll be a part of the Grant Thornton UK international tax network, a team of 80 professionals across the UK. Your home team will be within the London Corporate Tax team where you will support Partners and Directors in advising clients on international tax issues.
- Take responsibility. You’ll lead on delivering international tax projects for our clients. You’ll drive and manage complex cross-border projects, including liaising with our international member firms and being the main point of contact for our external clients. You’ll help coach and develop junior members of staff and lead on pitch / proposal sessions. You’ll actively grow the business by being present in the market and demonstrating our capabilities to clients, targets and external bodies.
The minimum criteria
- You’ll be a qualified chartered accountant or tax advisor (or both) (ACA, CA, CTA or ADIT or equivalent).
- You’ll have demonstrable experience working in a corporate / international tax team, in practice or in industry, managing a team.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- You’ll possess working knowledge of UK corporate tax legislation and international concepts
- You’ll have reviewed work and supervised staff in a tax environment
- You'll have gained experience working within a professional services environment
- You’ll have experience of managing a large portfolio of tax clients
- You’ll have demonstrable Business Development experience
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.