Manager, Financial Accounting Advisory Services, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Let’s talk about the job
Our Financial Reporting Advisory Group provide specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas whilst adding value to their commercial objectives.
Here are some things you can expect:
- Making quality second nature. With a passion for high quality work, you will constantly seek to learn and develop. You’ll support in the technical and training initiatives of the team, and ensure clients are being delivered to without sacrificing on quality.
- Own your own work. Balancing the delivery of work whilst managing project economics and risk, you will assist senior management in achieving the objectives of the FRAG team and contributing to the continued success and growth of the firm. You will have control over project budgets, timelines and risk management procedures and understand the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, gross margin, fee income and client service
- Be a part of a team. Taking responsibility for project teams, you will motivate and coach fellow team members and provide regular feedback, getting involved in training and development of more junior colleagues. You should be confident and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity in a project environment, and able to translate this into effective coaching and client delivery
- Take responsibility. Project delivery focusing on the application of technical accounting, for example GAAP conversions, preparation of financial statements, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance and Tax. You’ll take responsibility for keeping up to date with client’s business and be a key contact for day to day queries.
- Build your brand. You will assist in the production and presentation of proposals for new work, and development of unique service offerings and marketing collateral. Contrivuting to thought leadership and business development activities, you will suggest innovative products to address client’s needs and have a good understanding of the wider range of services which the firm offer.
The minimum criteria
- You’ll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA)
- In depth knowledge of IFRS and/or UK GAAP
- Excellent insight and analytical skills to interpret data and make technical- people and commercially- based decisions
- Solid experience in project management role, able to adapt well to changing environments and fast changing client needs.
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Previous experience of working in a technical advisory role in professional services environment
- Communication skills – a strong ability to articulate technical concepts in a clear and understandable way.
- Team work/collaboration - Working closely alongside others with different skillsets and experience to develop the best solutions to complex questions
- Strong IT skills including proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Share ideas and profits
Unlike most firms, we’re also a shared enterprise. So when the firm does well, everyone does well by taking home a share of the profits. Of course, to get those profits, we need to share ideas and share responsibility for our work, too.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.