Part-time Operations Associate
Part-time operations associate for a growing charity helping people have high social impact careers.
At 80,000 Hours we provide research and support to help people switch into careers that effectively tackle the world’s most pressing problems. We’ve had over 5 million readers and more than 3,000 people have told us that, due to engaging with us, they have significantly changed their career plans and now expect to have a larger social impact as a result.
Our office is a beautiful Georgian building in the Barbican. We’re looking for someone to make our space a wonderful place to work and help 80,000 Hours increase our impact on the world.
- Manage a part-time office assistant.
- Ensure smooth daily functioning of the office - managing suppliers and cleaners, invoicing, maintaining supplies of office equipment, food etc.
- Coordinate regular and annual maintenance requirements and manage any repairs or environmental issues that come up - aircon, windows, plumbing etc.
- Assist with organising team events and retreats - e.g. researching locations, accommodation options.
- Create and deliver an exceptional guest experience for those visiting the office.
- Tackle assorted office problems - supervise our utilities tender, set our office climate control to function automatically, research options for cooked/catered meals, supervise and evaluate the work of building contractors.
- Manage our office metrics dashboards.
- Occasionally support the team with personal tasks, e.g. researching and recommending products, travel coordination, etc (~5% of your time).
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple simultaneous objectives.
- Balance a thoughtful approach to decision making with the need to move fast.
- Comfortable using written communication to discuss problems and decisions.
- Enjoy taking on new challenges and tackling unfamiliar problems.
- Excited about creating an ideal work environment to support the growth of a mission-driven organisation.
- Prior operations or office management experience is ideal but not necessary.
- Existing right to work in the UK.
- Able to start in May, June or July 2021 (but ASAP preferred).
This is an in-person position with flexible hours, varying from approximately 15 to 25 hours per week.
You’ll have interesting problems to solve and supportive management, along with kind, intelligent colleagues. We hope in return you can contribute to our mission of helping thousands of people have satisfying, high social impact careers.
We offer a competitive salary of £23-26 per hour, dependent on skills and experience. Our benefits include:
- 25 days paid holiday + bank holidays (pro rata).
- Standard UK pension with 3% contribution from employer.
- Gym and shower facilities.
- Free food provided.
To make your application, please click the "apply" button below