EMEIA Markets Communications and Engagement Manager, Open to flexible working
The Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function has an important role to play in helping to achieve EY’s ambition to create long-term value as the world’s most trusted, distinctive professional services organization. We work hand in hand with the business to take services and solutions to market; bring our purpose, building a better working world, to life for our people, clients and communities; engage our people and build a high performing culture; and to build the commercial value and emotional resonance of the EY brand.
The function is made up of over 2,000 professionals, working across the Executive and Regions in the following areas of specialism: Brand; Marketing; PR/Media Relations & External Communications; Internal Communications & Employee Engagement; Corporate communications.
BMC also includes a number of teams who are responsible for content development, editorial, webcasts, events-staging, strategy, planning and operations. Through the collective power of BMC, and the other teams and specialists we work with, we aim to build a better working world by driving commercial value through distinctive marketing and communications that deliver measurable market impact.
The EMEIA Markets Communications and Engagement Manager is responsible for communicating the EMEIA Markets priorities and campaigns to increase sales and accelerate growth as part of the NextWave:EMEIA ambition. The manager will work closely with the EMEIA Markets and Accounts Leader and EMEIA Markets Leadership team to engage client facing teams across EMEIA in support of the business objectives and initiatives of EMEIA Markets.
The role is responsible for crafting and delivering a state of-the-art communications and engagement strategy that is fully integrated with the wider global and EMEIA communications and engagement strategies, ensuring alignment across global, Area and Regions to deliver clear and engaging messages that foster cross-Service Line teaming and collaboration.
Your key responsibilities
The EMEIA Markets Communications and Engagement Manager will work directly with the Markets Leadership team including the EMEIA Markets leader, EMEIA BD leader, EMEIA Campaigns and Solutions leader, GCSPs and MSLs to execute the communications and engagement plan plus provide strategic counsel as a trusted advisor to leadership.
This role is highly visible across EMEIA, working across the architecture of EY at global, area, regional and service lines, influencing multiple and diverse stakeholders in order to support the growth ambitions of the EY EMEIA business.
Working collaboratively, the objective of the role is to think client first and be audience-centric to engage our client serving teams in support of EMEIA Markets and Business Development (BD) aims and objectives and drive the execution of the NextWave strategy. The role is responsible for developing strategic messages aligned to EY go-to-market sales campaigns and initiatives that support and equip client servers across EMEIA with the right information, resources and tools to increase sales and accelerate growth of their accounts.
Intrinsic to this role is building and maintaining strong relationships across the EY ecosystem with senior stakeholders and partnering closely with BMC communications colleagues at global, area, regional and service line to deploy and enable activation of EMEIA Markets initiatives.
Working closely with the EMEIA Markets Communications and Engagement, the role requires a seasoned communications professional with a commercial mindset, intellectual rigour and creative flair who must be capable of driving client centricity and cross-border, cross service-line and cross sector teaming.
The individual will also need to support the broader EMEIA Communications and Engagement agenda, demonstrating flexibility and agility in responding to stakeholder expectations and changing demands.
Skills and attributes for success
- Results-driven behaviours: Delivers on EY Global and EMEIA strategic priorities; aligning strong commercial messaging with EY revenue goals
- Technical skills: Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Technical capabilities: Innovative mindset for new digital channels
- Strategic thinking and strong influencing skills
- Drive content innovation, including formats and packaging across digital channels utilizing best-in-class approaches
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines
- Problem solving/conceptual thinking: Establishes and refines communications strategies to drive brand as well as organizational performance and adds significant value to the business.
- Business acumen: Demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to understand global business fundamentals
- Talent development: Proactively self develops; sees learning and development as a critical input to delivering exceptional client service
- Inspiring others: seeks to inspire and demonstrates creative thinking
- Be a point of integration: Enables knowledge sharing throughout BMC and EY; has the ability to synthesize information from others; connects all facets of the business when initiating, developing and implementing communications projects; helps the business address its big issues; serves as an organizational connector.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor degree
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in communications, working with senior stakeholders
- Proven experience working across borders, cultures and languages
- Fluency in English – both written and verbal
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Advanced degree in Marketing/Communications
- A self-starter with a “can do” attitude and the drive to get the job done; the potential to develop within the organization
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders
- Experience of working within a large professional services organization would be an advantage
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, as this role will involve daily interaction with people in countries around the globe
- A passion, drive and complete understanding of communications to deliver creativity and big ideas
What we look for
We are looking for an experienced, high energy individual with a commercial mindset and proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders. You will have substantial communications experience working in a world-class global organization, with experience leading revenue generating communications and engagement programs with proven and demonstrable results. Experience of coaching and advising senior leaders and working with diverse and virtual high-performance teams.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.