Marketing Transformation Lead - UK&I BMC - 12 Month FTC or Secondment, Open to flexible working
The UKI business is transforming as part of the ambitious global vision set out in NextWave, and whilst we have an eye on delivering the here and now, we also need to ensure we organize ourselves to deliver an equally ambitious marketing agenda. It’s fair to say that our business is continually evolving as we adapt to the changing world around us, and our marketing function must evolve too.
A UKI Transformation Team has been established to drive delivery of the transformation agenda towards the targeted future state over the next two years. This team will work with our UKI senior leadership and with the business to drive forward this change and achieve transformation priorities.
This role is part of that change agenda and will lead the strategy, plan and implementation of changes needed in marketing (BMC). The objective of this new role is:
To define how best to organise marketing (BMC) to help achieve the UKI Growth Plan ambitions set out in NextWave and Project Saturn.
To define a change roadmap for how to best organise our people, delivery of marketing assets, The Hub & GDS, agency partners, ways of working & governance, technology & systems.
Your key responsibilities
- Drive the overall marketing transformation agenda. Initial thinking is that areas to be addressed are as follows, although the person in this role may identify other areas that are critical to the transformation:
- Aligning resources to marketing priorities that will help deliver business growth and brand targets identified in the FY22-25 marketing strategy. Determine what are the best (effective, impactful, efficient) ways to deliver the marketing strategy.
- Ensuring marketing (BMC) has the skills, capabilities and systems to deliver integrated, distinctive and effective plans, to be trusted advisors to the business and to be ‘future fit’.
- Consider marketing governance (what work gets done, what’s the RACI etc) and how it ties in with EMEIA, global, Ireland and FS. Align with Global BMC on UKI Scope of Service.
- Reviewing agency roster and relationships. Establish a core roster of key agency partners and build an effective, trusted, high-performing way of working with them. This will include both who we work with and how we brief them, evaluate and feedback on agency work, and evaluate the impact of investments.
- How to best deliver marketing outputs/assets via The Hub, GDS, offshoring, shared services, agencies that are market-leading and deliver against business and brand ambitions.
- Talent mapping; how best do we use our incredible marketing talent to deliver exceptional work for the changing needs of the business – marketing that is client-centric, market-specific, whole of firm, adds commercial value, is brand-building, distinctive and purpose-led.
- Appoint workstream leads and establish a steerco with relevant stakeholders to provide guidance and drive execution of the transformation implementation plan.
- Seek best practice from within the firm and externally to help guide how best to organize marketing.
- Identify skill gaps which may be in our marketing systems, tech, governance or talent.
- Build a business case where incremental investment needs are identified (for FY23 budget).
- Develop and lead stakeholder communication plan to adopt and embed change.
- Directly lead and deliver major change management initiatives, managing project resources, owning change activities including impact assessment, change measurement and business readiness
- Work with the business to develop overarching milestone plan and track progress to ensure successful delivery.
- Work with the Workstream Teams to identify and manage key interdependencies, risks and issues.
- Work closely with the Communications team, ensuring alignment in scope of services between Change and Communications activities
- Reports to the Acting Chief Marketing Officer.
- Leads a team of workstream leads – these will need to be identified once the successful candidate is in role.
Skills and attributes for success
- Marketing-savvy with a keen eye for best practice both within EY and from an external perspective
- Understands what it takes to create exceptional marketing and how it adds value to the business
- Effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to flex style accordingly to influence a variety of senior stakeholders
- The ability to create a sense of community amongst the members of the project teams and to work collaboratively with stakeholders from across the whole organisation including global and EMEIA
- Thorough knowledge and experience of project change management approaches, methodologies and tools
- Goal oriented, ability to take on an objective and transform it into a concrete plan
To qualify for the role you must have
- 10 yrs.+ experience in a similar role.
- Degree in a relevant field or relevant professional qualifications are welcome but not essential as candidates will be assessed first and foremost on experience.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deliverables and teams in order to deliver a complex transformation programme
What we look for
- A ‘disruptor’ who champions change and innovation
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.