Insurance- Audit Senior, Open to flexible working
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across the Insurance industry.
Insurance Assurance (INS) UK, is one of the largest business units within EY's EMEIA Financial Services Practice. Principally based in London, with offices in Bristol, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester. We serve numerous clients, both headquartered in the UK, as well as some of our largest global accounts with a UK presence. Insurance provides both audit and extended assurance services, and our people have the opportunity to work with our clients in both capacities, delivering complex audits as well as regulatory prudential, conduct and other related assurance services.
Your key responsibilities
You will be expected to execute work efficiently, delivering excellent service and bringing the full breadth of EY's capability to support our clients. You will act as a role model for more junior members of the team, providing on-the-job coaching and adhere to the firm's risk management policies at all times, delivering work to the highest quality.
Skills and attributes for success
- Effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (UK GAAP or IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm's audit methodology
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) - preferably first time passes
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in the Insurance sector
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements in the Financial Services industry, with particular experience in the Insurance market
- Ability to coach and develop more junior members of staff
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Knowledge of current trends/issues affecting the insurance market in the UK
What we look for
We’re interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.