Senior Tax Advisor - Tax Compliance and Reporting, Financial Services, Open to flexible working
Are you bright, enthusiastic and business minded? Do you want a career that will challenge and reward you? Joining the EY Private team is a great opportunity to build a career within the EY financial services department as you will gain experience & qualifications to help fulfil your aspirations & shape your career.
EY’s Private Tax Compliance and Reporting team provide personal taxation services to thousands of financial services clients both in the UK and overseas, dealing with the UK tax and reporting requirements of various financial institutions, employees, directors, partners, entrepreneurs and owner-managed businesses, including ultra-high net worth and high profile individuals.
Due to continuing expansion we have new opportunities for talented personalities to join our office working within the Customer Tax Reporting team. You will receive extensive training and support from a variety of personal tax professionals to assist you in building a successful career within EY’s PTCR team.
Your key responsibilities:
- Working as part of a team producing in excess of 3,000 UK customer tax packs;
- Involvement in projects such as pack quality assurance, provision of data and ad hoc advisory advice;
- Identifying potential improvements to processes and tools and helping develop appropriate changes
- Interaction with other EY offices both in the UK and overseas.
Skills and attributes for success:
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- The ability to communicate well at all levels;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work to a high professional standard;
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office tools, and with the ability to adapt to new systems.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Initiative, professionalism and confidence
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- B grades (or equivalent) in GCSE Maths & English
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Advanced MS Excel and Access experience including working in VBA. Experience or interest in SQL would also be advantageous
- Knowledge of other applications (i.e. Alteryx, C#, Python, etc.) would be welcome but we are keen to receive applications from professionals with good IT skills and the ability to learn;
- Experience or interest in working in a UK investment tax reporting role or knowledge of the taxation of securities is preferred but absolutely not essential as full training will be supplied;
- A related degree or qualification.
What we look for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven person who wants a challenging and stimulating career. There will be an opportunity to work within our personal tax customer tax reporting team, which focuses on producing UK tax reports for large financial institutions and associated guidance. Those looking for strong and varied foundation in this area, which provides training & qualifications should apply.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your own and your team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements including location. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.