Sales Executive -Term-time only or full time
We are looking to grow rapidly with two new sales people to proactively target schools with our worthy resources, hugely popular with teachers.
The Day is a well established Secondary school online current affairs resource aimed at teachers to stimulate debate and improve literacy of students through our daily written articles. We have recently launched a younger version The Day Explorer aimed at 7-11 year old Primary students.
- Managing a new business revenue target for The Day Explorer (http://thedayexplorer.co.uk) & The Day (http://theday.co.uk) - current affairs resources for Primary and Secondary schools
- Supporting the marketing, social media and PR for the services
- Communicating and reporting clear and accurate data on your performance v target.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee sales activity, including demos and events in the designated territory
- Achieve Key Performance Indicators: 40 calls a day, 5 demos a week, 20 trials a month and deliver a solutions-based approach to achieving your new business target
- Ensure the effective use of SalesForce to effectively track opportunities and follow up on leads from various sales & marketing activity
- Visit a school at least once per term to either sell the service, get feedback on how to improve the service or how to improve how we get all teachers to use the service.
- Support the successful implementation of effective half-termly marketing strategies to achieve sales goals. Conduct the planning and preparation when schools are closed
- Support the delivery of the Social Media targets for both services
- Give input to the copy for marketing emails, design and build and send to curated contact lists built in Spirit.
- Support other companies/organisations on PR opportunities and partnerships.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
Essential - 1 year minimum experience in a telephone-based sales environment, Evidence of successfully achieving sales targets, Experience of presenting to customers over the phone, Passion for making a high level of calls each day
Desirable– Sales experience in the education market
Preferable but not essential – teaching experience
LOCATION: Old Street, London
HOURS: 8.30am to 4.30pm - Term time only or full time
We are a small company with a friendly culture. We are passionate about the help that our digital subscription services give to teachers and pupils to enhance learning. Our staff work hard and want to make the most of their time at work to help us grow and to become the number 1 service in schools, both in the UK and internationally.
If you possess the right skills and experience for this role, please apply via the button below including a short covering letter and your CV.