Part time Legal Consultant - 2-3 day per week, homeworking available
We are working with a fast-growing Ed-Tech business to recruit a Legal Consultant to support all internal legal and contractual needs across the business. This is an exciting time for our client who are scaling fast and considering international expansion. The Legal Consultant will play a crucial role supporting this growth by ensuring that the right documentation and processes are in place to protect all parties with whom they work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the People team with new employee and freelancer contracts.
- Assisting with the set up of employee share option plans.
- Being the point of contact for external legal, payroll and HR advisors.
- Supporting with contracts and terms during negotiations with new potential customers.
- Managing contracts that are in place with external consultants.
- Supporting other teams across the business as required – e.g. marketing, partnerships etc.
- You are a legal professional with in-house experience, ideally gained within a start-up environment.
- Experience of expansion into the US would be an advantage although is not essential.
- Familiarity with share option / equity schemes would be desirable.
This is an opportunity to join an innovative business with a fun, supportive and dynamic culture on a truly flexible basis. Whilst this is a permanent role, payment on a day rate basis would be preferred.
Flexibility: 2-3 days per week, remote working
Salary: Day rate commensurate with experience, circa £400 per day