Actuarial Assistant - open to some homeworking
We are seeking a part qualified actuary to join our Actuarial & Risk practice. This opportunity will develop and grow your career with project driven work where each assignment is different from the last.. You will work on a wide variety of projects including IFRS 17, Transactions and Independent Expert assignments, Audits, Reporting, Model Validation, With-profits strategy, Capital, and Finance Transformation for insurers and reinsurers in UK and European Life Assurance Markets.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from the Actuarial Team.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. – Lead from the front in-regards to delivering client work, engaging the Actuarial & Risk team and greater Financial Services teams to ensure correct skill utilisation on all projects.
- Be a part of a team – Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their career aspiration and support in this delivery.
- Build your brand – Good communication capability to the internal population and the external stake holders to ensure we are always promoting our core values.
The minimum criteria
- Part Qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience managing internal or external stakeholders and working within set project timeframes
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and exceed client expectations
- Monitoring junior team members work and coaching/career development
Skills to set you apart
- Think out of the box for solutions to assist the client
- Proactive candidate with interest in developing sales skills and client relationship
- Good attention to detail and can forsee issues and discuss solutions
- Good communicator
- A wealth of experience in a consulting role within Life Assurance including client development
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
Please click the apply button for further details to make your application