Full Stack Blockchain Developer, Deloitte Ventures, Enabling Functions, Open to flexible working
Always Venturing. Through the access, speed and ingenuity of technology, the ways we can achieve innovation are expanding every day. At Deloitte Ventures, we believe there are many possible futures for our business and our clients, and we’re here to explore them all. No more risk of inaction, no more missed opportunities, no more lost futures. Together with all of Deloitte, we create connections across the breadth of our people, organisation, and ecosystems to make an impact that matters to our clients and to society.
Want to help us shape the future? As part of our Blockchain Studio, your career with Deloitte Ventures can take multiple paths. Including: delivery of client solutions, ongoing R&D and studio operations, ecosystem and venture design, and creating new service capabilities and related technology.
We embrace the strengths of diverse talent within our team. You may have a brilliant mind, be a confident communicator or a nerd for all things blockchain, or you may have an impeccable business instinct, a collaborative outlook and a flair for big ideas
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
We’re expanding fast, so we’re looking for people who are natural initiative-takers who bring out the best in others, are brilliant listeners and can grow our business without compromising standards, integrity or culture.
You will work with outstanding digital talent across disciplines to innovate and create great solutions for iconic brands.
- Continually look to explore distributed ledgers and design patterns that help us deliver solutions that excite our client's customers
- Collaboratively working as part of a multi-disciplined blockchain team to design and implement software solutions to client challenges
- Developing clean, well tested code through to production
- Work with business analysts and designers to translate client requirements into working software
- Work effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Use the latest technologies and methodologies to deliver a broad range of high quality decentralised apps for this decade and the next. Some of the areas we are looking at currently are:
- Blockchain/DLT platforms (e.g., Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric/Indy, Corda, Sovrin, Hedera)
- Digital assets, Decentralised Finance (DeFi), smart contract audits
- Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI)
- Web3 App Development
- Mobile Crypto and Identity Wallets
- Micro-services and cloud native design
- Container based architecture
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it. This role will be located in our 1 New Street Square office in London, and probably home-based for the foreseeable future.
This is a permanent opportunity, to be worked on a full time basis. However, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we’ll try to accommodate.
Your professional experience
Overall, you’re an ideas person and problem solver as well as a hands-on doer – that’s important. You know it takes a mix of people to do amazing work, so you love collaborating with and learning from people with different skills, backgrounds and perspectives. If you have an interesting or unusual mix of skills yourself, even better.
- Demonstrable ability to implement production-grade solutions across both Frontend (Web or Mobile) & Backend (APIs, Microservice) technologies & frameworks
- A clear understanding of and ability to explain advanced concepts of blockchains and distributed ledgers (e.g. Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric/Indy, Corda, Sovrin), along with good overall engineering patterns and practices
- Professional experience of using at least one major frontend framework (e.g. React, AngularJS, etc) and one major distributed ledger framework (e.g. Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric/Indy, Corda, Sovrin, Hedera) to develop decentralised applications.
- Experience of build and test automation preferably including continuous delivery and a DevOps approach to build, test automation, and continuous deployment
- Working knowledge of software landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies and tools such as Behaviour Driven Development, Elastic Cloud Based Environments, and Rapid Prototyping Tools
- Understanding of common Cloud Native technologies & architectures and demonstrable knowledge of working with them on at least one major Cloud provider (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure)
- Experience of working within an agile development environment and working knowledge of agile software development methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum & Kanban
- Experience of designing, developing, creating decentralised application in an enterprise context.
- Track record of leading development teams.
Your service line: Enabling Functions
At Deloitte, we’re all about making an impact that matters, together. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000 strong Enabling Functions teams. With our combined specialist skills and business partnering expertise, we provide all the essential strategy, support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. So not only will you be providing world-class support to our internal clients, you’ll be making an impact for all the hugely influential organisations Deloitte works with too. Covering all our distinct areas: Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Central Business Services, National Quality & Risk Management, Technology & Digital Services, and Real Estate, the opportunities here are vast. And what’s more, you can grow your career in whatever direction you choose. We’ll support you all the way
Your team: Deloitte Ventures
Deloitte Ventures are a collective of designers, developers, data scientists and storytellers for change that enable the firm to solve complex problems by investing in new business models and experimenting with disruptive innovations and ventures. Within Deloitte Ventures are innovation studios, incubators, scaling and accelerator teams offering three main value propositions:
- Streamlining: doing existing things differently by integrating disruptive technology into existing processes and offerings
- Enhancing: doing new things by co-creating the next wave of services for our people and clients
- Disrupting: creating new venture relationships, business models and capabilities to change the nature of our relationships with clients and other businesses
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size; it is about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.