Training Administration Officer, part time - 21 hours per week with homeworking options
Administrative Officer (Training)
Reports to: Training Administration Manager
Hours: 21 hours across 5 days
Some flexibility around the start and finish times will be required to cover changing business requirements including working on a Saturday rota plus up to six Sundays a year are also required to be covered across the team.
Location: The role is based is at London Bridge with the option for regular homeworking.
The Administrative Officer provides administrative support encompassing administrative processes within the whole organisation. The role includes working with validating and accrediting bodies, relating to students and academic staff and clients, assisting with programme recruitment and assessment, including enrolment and finance. The post holder will work collaboratively with the Training and Clinic Managers, and with the other team members.
- Assist with student / trainee recruitment for the Clinical Qualification, and the Certificate in Supervision
- Communicate effectively with prospective students, trainees, academic, clinical and support staff
- Administration activities including registration, enrolment, teaching cycle, assessment and graduation
- Provide administrative support to the programme / teaching team
- Coordinate assessment and evaluation processes
- Maintain high levels of quality assurance, including evaluation and approval procedures
- Use information systems and prepare reports and statistics for internal and external use and contribute to development of WPF’s digitisation strategy
- Participate in the development of future information systems
- Liaise with other administrative staff, academic and clinical colleagues, teaching staff and students
- Communicate with partner institutions, therapy organisations, external agencies, government departments and prospective students
- Work on committees including Assessment Boards, Review meetings and other ad hoc committees as required including taking minutes and servicing the committees
- Gather and collate timetabling information (data sets including staff availability/constraints, planned teaching activities for each module) and check completed timetable, under general direction of the relevant manager
- Administer the weekend workshop schedule for the Clinical Qualification
- Manage enquiries from and to trainees/students, members of the public and staff, judging when to refer or involve others, raising issues of concern where necessary to ensure resolution of problems
- Work flexibly and effectively as an individual and team members
- To maintain the highest levels of confidentiality at all times
- Perform any other duties that may be reasonably requested by WPF Therapy
- To act as an organisational Fire Marshall and First Aider.
Relevant experience, qualifications, skills and knowledge
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of administration including providing telephone information and data collection processes.
- University degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. Knowledge of Word Press for web authoring and general office systems.
- Good knowledge of office processes and procedures.
- Commitment to service quality and being responsive to the needs of others (e.g. staff and students/trainees)
- Adaptable, flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the organisation.
- Excellent organisational skills; ability to work in a busy and demanding environment, under pressure at times; to produce good work to deadlines.
- Experience of assessing and responding to non-routine work/queries using initiative to solve problems (or referring to line manager/senior manager as appropriate); ability to use relevant systems and procedures to enable investigation of problems
- Very good written and verbal communication skills;
- Very good interpersonal skills with the ability to take ownership of problems and find solutions; sensitivity to others’ point of view; ability to work well as a member of a team and to form and maintain effective and productive professional relationships.
- Understanding of the charitable aims of the organisation.
- Ability to accurately and effectively process large amounts of data whilst working to tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy together with an aptitude for dealing sympathetically with difficult people or situations
- Ability to be discreet and protect confidentiality.
WPF Therapy is committed to equality of opportunity. All staff must support this and, wherever possible contribute to the development of this aim.
How to apply
Please send you current CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the job and person specification to via the application method below.