Senior Tax and Accounts Manager, Part time
Location: Camden Town, temporarily remotely
Salary: circa £45 pro rata and according to experience and to the agreed working arrangement
Flexibility: part time (hrs to be agreed) various flexible options available but they need to be spread evenly during the week.
Qualified and experienced accountant required to work as Senior Tax and Accounts Manager for a small accountancy practice based in Camden, London.
- Prepare or review sole trader, property, partnership accounts, companies accounts, calculate tax and capital gains, etc. and prepare tax returns for a portfolio of individual and company’s clients
- Review VAT returns and submit for clients
- Work with the partners to bring in new clients
- Supervise other members of staff and their work
- Some administrative work to ensure the smooth running of a small practice.
- Have direct contact with clients and be responsible for collecting information from them
- Deal with correspondence and client enquires
- Be responsible for spotting potential problems and opportunities, getting specialist advice and tax planning
- Deal directly with HMRC when required.
We use the following software to assist with our work:
- Accounting – Excel, VT+ extensively, Xero, Sage, free Agent and Quickbooks
- Tax and payroll - KeyTime
Knowledge of these is not essential.
- You will be fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CA and a member of a professional body.
- You will have up to date technical knowledge
- You will be aware of compliance standards and have at least 5 years’ experience within a small practice.
- Be capable of taking responsibility for billing tax return fees, keeping accurate records, monitoring own time incurred, completing time sheets accurately, on a timely basis and undertake analysis as directed
- You will be able to build good rapport with clients, provide excellent client care
- Attention to detail above all.
To apply please submit your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for this role via the application below.