Cloud Lead -Sr. Director, Infrastructure Operations, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for an opportunity to partner with key business partners and stakeholders to embed the data disclosure process and influence the data integrity strategies and drive new ways of working? If so, this is the role for you.
The Cloud Lead- Sr. Director, will be responsible for leading Cloud Infrastructure Operations for Consumer Tech. The role has a truly global scope and is accountable for the effective, reliable and efficient operation of all core cloud infrastructure products to support the daily operation of the Consumer Business
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- This role will lead a team of ~15 employees plus manage a significant supplier services budget and has a truly global reach supporting operations in > 100 countries and markets.
- The Cloud Lead should be familiar with all the infrastructure technology in their scope of control so that they can lead from a position of technical authority. Using a product sensibility and your fluency in deploying modern cloud infrastructure at scale, you will be responsible for deploying and operating a world leading suite of hosting capabilities to help accelerate and grow the business.
- You will embed an automated-by-default software defined methodology and expect to deliver business value at high frequency. You will naturally & seamlessly partner with engineering, security and product teams to maximise the value delivered by the hosting infrastructure products & services delivered within your scope.
- This role is an engineering leadership role and so you can expect to continue to leverage your direct hands-on experience while leading your team.
- Be accountable globally for the delivery and operation of Cloud Compute & Site workload Hosting services.
- Manage a globally distributed team of ~15 specialist domain engineers from a position of technical authority.
- Be accountable for the effective execution of significant operational budget to deliver services at high quality and global reach.
- Drive a leading technology mindset including automation-by-default, software defined and take all opportunities to leverage technology to deliver business value at high frequency.
- Follow product management best practices with customer & consumer value at the heart of robust design & implementation decisions.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other relevant discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience of modern public cloud infrastructure & 5 years of experience managing diverse scaled engineering teams.
- Direct & current hands-on experience with public cloud design for virtualization, hypervisors, automation & security including least privilege and zero trust patterns.
- Infrastructure delivery automation and reliability engineering practices. Very high levels of delivery automation is a critical outcome for this role.
- Fluency with hyperscale cloud platforms and IaaS & PaaS services available and direct & current hands-on experience with implementing infrastructure delivery and automation services at a global scale.
- Direct and current hands-on experience of the following or similar: Terraform, Ansible, Sonarqube / Sonarsource, Atlassian suite, Github, Sonatype, Kubernetes, Blackduck. Java / Python / GoLang / C#.
- Technical depth will be discussed at interview and will be a differentiator for this role.
- Effective product sensibility with capability to advocate and drive key product innovations & opportunities with fellow engineers.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with public cloud design for machine learning & HPC
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to describe complex & abstract technical concepts to diverse stakeholders.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.