Sr. Director - Infrastructure Platform Engineering, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for an opportunity to partner with key business partners and stakeholders to embed the data disclosure process and influence the data integrity strategies and drive new ways of working? If so, this is the role for you.
The Sr. Director - Infrastructure Platform Engineering Lead will be responsible for leading the team that delivers infrastructure, identity & integration platform products and capabilities to the enterprise. The role has a deep software engineering focus and is accountable for providing a world class, enterprise ready competitively differentiating infrastructure technology capability for GSK.
- This role will lead a team of ~15 employees plus will manage a supplier services budget and has a truly global reach providing engineering capability to every part of the consumer technology organisation.
- The Infrastructure Platform Engineering Lead should be familiar with all the technology in their scope of control and your hands-on capability will ensure that you can lead from a position of technical authority. Infrastructure Delivery Automation tools and techniques will be second nature to you and your ability to efficiently create and deliver enterprise scale identity, access management and endpoint security technology will be a differentiator for you.
- You will build the capability for technology teams to adopt edge-of-curve levels of automation and expect to deliver direct business value at high frequency. You will naturally & seamlessly partner with infrastructure, security and product teams to maximise the value delivered by the engineering products & services delivered within your scope.
- Be accountable for the design and build of Software Engineering assets for infrastructure, identity and integration platforms to the enterprise (public cloud , IDAM / PAM, & middleware).
- Manage a globally distributed team of ~15 specialist platform engineers from a position of technical authority. Architect, design and build scalable infrastructure platforms.
- Drive a leading technology mindset designed to deliver a competitive advantage through technology and take all opportunities to build automation technologies to support reduced cycle times and deliver business value at high frequency.
- Deliver scalable, resilient, reliable, secure & cost-effective infrastructure platform capabilities with an automation bias, following infrastructure as code, security as code and continuous compliance / compliance as code patterns.
- Be accountable for the execution of operational budget for delivery of infrastructure platform build and provision of managed security services.
- Follow product management best practices with customer & consumer value at the heart of robust design & implementation decisions, to facilitate and drive a growth mindset.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, other relevant discipline or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in Infrastructure Engineering with a demonstrated track record of creating & managing complex scaled engineering teams.
- Experience with best-of-breed infrastructure delivery automation technology. Fluent with implementation of DevOps WoW.
- Infrastructure delivery automation (including software as code & compliance as code / continuous compliance) and reliability engineering practices.
- Direct and current hands-on experience of Identity and Access Management technology (Sailpoint) and Privileged Access Management Technology (Cyberark).
- Direct and current hands-on experience of the following or similar: Terraform, Ansible, Sonarqube / Sonarsource, Atlassian suite, Github, Sonatype, Blackduck.
- Technical depth will be discussed at interview and will be a differentiator for this role.
- Effective product sensibility with capability to advocate and drive key product innovations & opportunities with fellow engineers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to describe complex & abstract technical concepts to diverse stakeholders.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge of containerization and autoscaling systems.
- Experience with managing middleware platforms.
- Experience with implementing enterprise-class observability platforms.
- Knowledge of hardware technologies utilized in manufacturing, supply chain, and consumer relevant environments.
- Familiarity with Machine Learning, Data Science & AI Technologies
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.