Tax Quality & Risk Manager
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Tax Quality and Risk Manager role.
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. You should be seen as one of the principal points of contact for Quality and Risk queries in Tax. You will be expected to deliver work to senior members of the Tax Quality and Risk team which is almost ready for sign-off.
- Be a part of a team. Working collaboratively with other members of the team and the wider Quality and Reputation community is one of the key elements of the role.
- Take responsibility. You are expected to provide advice to the Tax practice on a myriad of Tax-related quality and risk topics, but also consult senior members of the team when appropriate.
- Build your brand. By working collaborative and through interactions with the Tax practice, you should be seen as one of the 'go-to-persons' for Tax-related quality and risk matters.
The minimum criteria
- Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA), Association of Taxation Technicians (ATT) or ACA qualified
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong project management experience
- Proven ability to develop simplified and efficient business processes
- Manages own time and completes multiple tasks/assignments with potentially competing deadlines
- Experience of developing and mentoring staff
- Experience / working knowledge of MS Excel, Power Point, Word, Teams and Power BI
Skills to set you apart
Here are a few more skills we are looking for. Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box. It’s important for us to support you in your role and help you to develop along the way.
- Capacity to prioritise multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fast learner of new processes
- Confidence to say ‘no’ to other colleagues within the firm, regardless of their seniority
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO