Product Manager - Chromatography, Open to flexible working
The Product Manager - Chromatography is accountable for Technical Ownership of Chromatography and Scientific Data Management System products within the PSC Quality and Labs Tech organization.
They will be responsible for overall management of these products including strategic direction, product roadmaps, technical deliverables through projects, and ensuring sound infrastructure and architecture.
The Product Manager will provide technical guidance and advice to Product Owners as well as lead prioritization of the product backlog include bug fixes, enhancements, and requests. They will need technical expertise and business acumen in the areas specific to the product domain they are working. They will also be accountable for technical artifacts such as systems requirements, solutions design and security & privacy reviews.
- For the products managed, serve as the main point of contact with respect to all Tech groups, business owners/users, and vendors.
- Ensure proper Product Governance by controlling configurations, enhancements, and deployments focusing on reducing customization, following industry and vendor best practices that lead to an overall lower cost of ownership for GSK.
- Understand the product domain both from a technology perspective, but also how it adds value and supports business processes.
- Maintain a strategic vision and roadmap for all products, focusing on aspects such as product concurrency, emerging features, and delivery value to the customers.
- Responsible for the management and remediation of any audit or compliance findings per GSK standards and execution of routine testing of agreed IT Continuity Plans.
- Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products
- Bachelor's degree in Computer or Information Sciences or equivalent experience (consult manager on equivalent experience)
- The successful candidate will have general knowledge of the Agile framework, as it relates to the role of Release Train Manager.
- Proven experience working with project managers, scrum masters, to schedule and enforce to the release of features / user stories.
- The Release Train Manager should have an understanding and experience with prioritizing features, working with the Product Owner to understand the capacity of an Agile team and plan releases.
- Ability to plan and prioritize in an Agile environment, in which priorities may change frequently.
- Overall knowledge of SDLC processes including requirements, design, and testing.
- Candidates should have comprehensive experience with Chromatography Data Systems (CDS).
- Extensive experience running and using CDS, particularly from the IT/Tech perspective. Knowledge of Waters Empower is highly desired.
- Detailed knowledge of application maintenance, upgrades, troubleshooting including devices such as LaCE boxes, analog-to-digital converters, etc.
- Knowledge of system integrations between CDS and other applications such as LIMS and SDMS.
- A basic understanding of laboratory business processes - both from an analytical testing perspective as well as general laboratory flow.
- Good understanding of cGMP regulations (21CFR Part 11), Data Integrity, and ALCOA principles, especially as the relate to CDS.
- A consistent track record working closely and partnering with CDS vendors.
- A breadth of experience and understanding that will allow the candidate to investigate, understand, and suggest strategic direction for the CDS platform in order for it to be Future Ready.
- Detailed knowledge of Scientific Data Management Systems (SDMS), especially as related to the above section on Chromatography.
- Understanding of laboratory system needs for backup, archival, and retrieval.
- Experience with source and primary data handling at the laboratory instrument level.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Knowledge and experience of ITIL based service management practices
- Experience working with Six Sigma/Lean Sigma processes and tools
- Knowledge of service operations, processes, service delivery, reporting, and continuous improvement
- Ability to drive outcomes and handle client expectations
- Understanding of business area strategic goals, processes and workflow, and of the IT tools deployed
- Familiar with the concepts, standards, technology, tools, processes, procedures, hardware, software and services in use for delivering information services
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to influence others, make technical decisions and initiate actions
- Staff management and development
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building positive relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acuity.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.