Manager to Senior Manager, Technology & Digital Risk, Open to flexible working & returners
Manager to Senior Manager, Technology & Digital Risk, Future of Controls, Risk Advisory
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organisations on how to effectively mitigate risk and provide informed and intelligent risk management around business processes, technology and operations.
Our Risk Advisory business is expanding as we increasingly are asked to help organisations to adapt and respond to new risks and take advantage of new opportunities presented by digital technology and the internet. In particular we are looking for an individual to play a key role in the growth and maturing of our third party assurance business.
Managing risk and establishing effective controls are at the heart of good governance and sustainable business performance. Our Technology & Digital Risk (TDR) team of 350 UK professionals offer unrivalled depth of experience in providing governance, risk, control and assurance solutions to client needs, with focus on the Corporate and Public Sector (CPS). We design, implement and provide assurance over business process and technology controls to manage the risks our clients face on a day-to-day basis.
Our principle areas of work in Technology & Digital Risk are:
- Technology risk management
- Project and programme risk management and assurance
- IT internal audit
- Controls advisory and assurance
- Automation risk
- Service auditor reporting
- Digital risk
- Data analytics
- Robotic process automation and cognitive analytics
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
We are expanding our Future of Controls (www.deloitte.co.uk/controls) team across Manager and Senior Manager grades. Future of Controls is about helping our clients to build technology-enabled, sustainable and insightful control environments that achieve far more than basic compliance.
These roles will be responsible for:
- Delivery of large and complex global projects. You be responsible for leading interesting and challenging work on a day-to-day basis, ensuring we utilise leading and innovative technology enabled delivery methods as well as more traditional support such as PMO, team leadership and implementation or monitoring of control frameworks.
- Building and developing long terms relationships with stakeholders across our client organisations and taking our propositions to market.
- Contributing to proposition development. We believe there is unprecedented opportunity in the Future of Controls and Controls Advisory'space and we are looking for creative thinkers and motivators to identify new solutions and propositions. Creative thinking is essential.
- Working with diverse teams to deliver the best technical solution (for example: GRC solutions; control automation; continuous controls monitoring; or control analytics) to solve our clients' needs.
- Contributing to Deloitte's thought leadership in Future of Controls.
- Acting as a role model - helping to develop and mentor our next leaders.
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; with a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role is ideally located in our London office but other locations will be considered. Travel to client sit's is required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent role (typical hours are 9.30 (9.00 in Regions) - 5.30pm) with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
Your professional experience
For this role you will have:
- Practical experience of working in Technology Risk, Controls & Analytics within a professional services firm or FTSE 350;
- The ability to demonstrate a track record in strengthening existing and developing new client relationships;
- Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver effectively with what can often be ambiguous requirements;
- A good understanding of finance and accounting.
- Strong technical abilities in audit methodologies, combined with strong business acumen.
Your service line: Risk Advisory
In Risk Advisory, our thinking and actions give clients, our people and society the confidence to grow responsibly in a rapidly changing world. We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, You'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose:
we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent:
we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance:
we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:
we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction:
we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.