Borough Services Coordinator - Part-time 25 hours/wk
Cycle Confident is London’s largest cycle training provider. Our aim is to unlock London by empowering everyone to cycle confidently and safely. Working with boroughs, businesses and others, we deliver a range of cycle training, bicycle maintenance, and related services.
We are currently looking for a Borough Services Co-ordinator to facilitate the high quality delivery of the agreed cycling services with the assigned London Boroughs. As the Borough Services Co-ordinator, you will plan for the successful delivery of the cycling services in a timely manner and to budget. You will also foster an excellent working relationship with the boroughs and develop broad knowledge of the cycling needs in these boroughs. There will be plenty of opportunities to work with our wider team to develop more exciting cycling services we can offer.
- Liaise with borough contacts to understand their business and financial objectives. Agree the schedule of services that will meet the objectives and revising over time as applicable. Offer new services where appropriate
- Agree in advance any changes to the standard charges or requirements for additional funding with borough contacts
- Keep borough contacts regularly informed of progress against agreed targets
- Answer queries arising from borough contacts and notify them of any issues in a timely manner
- Keep abreast of cycle-related matters in the boroughs to which you are assigned. Respond to requests for support for cycle-related initiatives
- Promote Cycle Confident events in the boroughs as agreed with the borough contacts
- Devise plans to achieve budget targets and keep track of progress against budget
- Become familiar with Bikeability training, instructor and mechanic ability levels and the features of the additional services Cycle Confident offers
- Contact schools to make bookings, ensure they understand how courses are run, what’s required from them and when. Respond to queries and ensure all relevant information is received from them in a timely manner
- Set up all courses on the Cycle Confident system and arrange all the logistics relating to events
- Ensure all events have instructors assigned in a timely manner. Assignments must take account of the appropriate level of experience required for the event, resources available in the local area and balance the needs of the business with those of the instructors. Make reassignments as necessary.
- Notify instructors of any matters relevant to a particular event
- Monitor all courses and adjust logistics (including instructor assignments), if required, in a timely manner
- Become familiar with venues which are, or may be, used in the boroughs to which you are assigned, liaising with the contacts at those venues to ensure the smooth running of operations
- Become familiar with the geography and demographics of the assigned boroughs and the characteristics of schools in the area
- Liaise with suppliers for materials required for events and ensure invoices are settled by the Head of Finance
- Update reporting tools to ensure course details are accurate and ensure boroughs are invoiced correctly for services
- Notify the Operations Manager of any system errors and propose improvements to process or systems
- Liaise with other organisations such as Transport for London, commercial and educational establishments as necessary
This is not an exhaustive list of duties. You will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your evolving role within the organisation and the business objectives of the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication including being able to convey information to a varied audience in a clear and concise manner
- Strong numeracy skills and financial awareness
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, internal staff, instructors, schools contacts and suppliers
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to work efficiently and effectively against time constraints
- Works well without close supervision; will use own initiative and take appropriate decisions
- Attention to detail
- Resilient and resourceful
- Punctual and diligent
- Trustworthy with financial matters and confidential or sensitive information
- High degree of IT literacy and confident in the use of standard office packages such as email, Word and Excel
- Keeps management informed of progress and will flag up issues in a timely manner
- Will bring a positive attitude to the business
- Experience working in or with schools
- Experience working in a customer-facing environment
- Sales and relationship management experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Regular cyclist
- Part-time position (25 hours/week)
- Salary: £24,000 pro rata (above London Living Wage)
- During the covid-19 pandemic and government’s advice to work from home where possible, the post holder can expect to work from home most of the time.
- Beyond the pandemic, the post holder will be required to work from the office in South London, near Oval tube station.
- Post holder needs to occasionally be able to work flexible hours and attend meetings but the work is mainly normal office hours.
How to apply
Submit your CV and covering letter via the application method below.
Your covering letter should summarise why you are a good fit for this position at Cycle Confident and must also include the following:
- The date you would be able to start, or if currently employed, your notice period.
- A paragraph with your thoughts about cycling in London.
- A favourite quote.
Please note applications that do not answer these questions will not be considered.
Please mention in your application that you found the job ad on Timewise Jobs