Assistant Director, Treasury Advisory, Financial Advisory, Open to flexible working & returners
Deloitte's Treasury Advisory team provides expert advice on cash and liquidity management, management of financial risks and other Treasury challenges to listed and private companies.
The team works alongside Deloitte's Financial Advisory professionals, providing both standalone Treasury Advisory services and transaction-related Treasury advice in the context of corporate finance transactions such as M&A and IPO. Our diverse team combine sound technical skills with an in-depth understanding of the drivers of corporate value and Treasury success factors.
- Examples of projects include: Advising private equity and trade buyers on a variety of Treasury risks including the currency exposures their targets face, how to reflect these in valuations, and how to protect themselves from funding currency exposures between signing and completion;
- Working with companies pre and post-acquisition, either to carve-out, establish or improve Treasury operations, or to integrate two existing Treasury functions;
- Supporting companies that are either in the process of refinancing debt or experiencing restructuring challenges through areas such as improving financial risk and cash management;
- Working closely with companies owned by private equity funds in bolstering their Treasury operations. We cover all Treasury activities including governance and policies, cash and liquidity management, bank relationships and Treasury’s organisational strategy and structure.
- Supporting capital markets work such as class 1 acquisition/disposal and IPO, primarily in the context of the working capital statement by assessing the Group’s financing facilities and other financial risks faced by the business.
We are seeking to expand and are interested to speak to talented individuals with an accounting/finance and Treasury background and an interest in learning about corporate finance transactions.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss this with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As an Assistant Director within Deloitte's Treasury Advisory team you will have the opportunity to help expand a business focused on serving Corporate Treasury teams with their most complex financial and operational challenges across all sectors.
As an integral member of the team and the wider firm you will drive both delivery and business development initiatives. You will focus on leading client relationships and project delivery, developing our existing team’s skills and experience, increasing our pipeline of opportunities, whilst also providing input into our continuing development of thought leadership, marketing, innovative proposition and the ongoing establishment of our market-leading position.
We are focused on ensuring that your client portfolio meets your experience, personality and career aspirations and this in turn enables you to deliver the highest possible standard of work and the flexibility in creating a career path that matches your expectations. Strong communication and client management skills are key elements to this role as you will be advising senior personnel on a day to day basis.
The work on offer to applicants at Assistant Director level includes:
- Leading the provision of corporate finance transaction-related advice, which includes preparation of due diligence reports, management presentations, working capital reports and taking responsibility for communications with our private equity and corporate clients;
- Providing Treasury strategic advice related to liquidity, interest rate risk, commodity, FX risk management and policies;
- Advising and assisting companies with the implementation of the operational aspects of both small and large scale projects, such as cash management solution implementations and treasury transformations;
- Coaching and developing our junior talent working with you on projects;
- Contributing to maintain a diverse and inclusive team where people are recognised for their contribution; and
- Leading marketing and business development opportunities both internally across the firm and externally, developing our network of relationships, identifying opportunities and preparing and presenting pitches to clients.
Our team is part of Advisory Corporate Finance, which provides a range of complementary advisory services to a wide range of companies. You will work closely with our experts in the Debt Advisory and Transaction Services teams.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel
Work pattern: Permanent full-time role with flexibility for suitable part-time arrangements. The role requires the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a transaction.
Your professional experience
To be considered, you will ideally possess some or all of the following attributes:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) or other relevant professional qualification or degree such as CFA, AMCT, Master in Finance, with a good understanding of accounting principles as they relate to Treasury; Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Treasury related themes impacting a due diligence and corporate finance transaction; Treasury experience gained ideally within the Treasury department of a large corporate or in a consulting firm; Team management/coaching; Excellent numeracy skills and the ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial analysis; Ability to write structured reports that explain complex matters in a logical and easy to understand manner to non-Treasury professionals; Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with clients and other professionals across the firm; Critical mindset, with a natural desire and ability to ask probing questions and get to the bottom of challenges; Open mindset to do a wide range of work as required to help a growing and busy team expand; Desire to work in an advisory consulting environment and build a business and a career in professional services; Corporate finance transaction experience (desirable); Advanced spreadsheet skills (desirable)
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application