Senior Trade Management Specialist, Open to flexible working
The Senior Trade Mgt Specialist is accountable for defining the strategy, implementation and live operations for all Trade Management products in line with Business priorities and to maximise value for money over the lifecycle of the product.
The Senior Trade Mgt Specialist works closely with the Business to address current and future product needs and develop possible solutions; and also manages the Trade Management service to the Business.
- Accountable for all aspects of strategy, product delivery and operations for the Trade Management products across the supply chain, inclusive of external parties (Suppliers).
- Develop a product improvement pipeline to meet business goals and objectives in the areas of supplier collaboration.
- Facilitate sessions with the business to create product experiments with strong hypotheses to be tested and measurable performance improvement targets.
- Collaborate with the business to specify the requirements, to support the IT systems strategic, reviews IT landscape to ensure that they align to specified requirements
- Provides input to Product architecture, aligning across the GSK Tech organisation on standards relating to platforms, cyber security, strategic vendors & delivery models. Ensure robust governance are in place and lead governance bodies to approve experiments and product improvement projects.
- Take full accountability and provide oversight for the successful delivery of all experiments and projects within the product scope.
- Implement and provide service support globally for all Trade Management products, ensuring that users are fully trained, appropriate Service Levels are defined and service governance models are in place in alignment with GSK service support sourcing model.
- Oversee overall Trade Management applications service performance ensuring that the risks and value associated with the applications are effectively managed over their lifecycle.
- Review, communicate and discuss applications performance with the business and service providers, ensuring that an effective communication and performance improvement framework is in place and effectively used.
- Provide leadership & development of direct reports in line with GSK Tech & Agile strategies. Leading matrix teams where required
- At Business Unit Level: Success will be measured by achieving the maximum value for the business while ensuring the Suppliers Collaboration applications operate at an optimal cost vs risk level.
We are looking for individuals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Proficiency with Trade Management applications, design and implementation
- Applied knowledge and experience with SAP and EDI integration
- Experience in Applications deployment & maintenance
- Knowledge of Transportation management technologies and trends, including understanding of business-related activities, as Logistics Trade requirements, Logistics execution, Financial Trade Routes, Freight Settlement, etc...
- Experience in working with other supply chain functions, notably: Logistics providers, Supply Chain accounting, eCommerce, ...
- Knowledge of cloud technologies
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good presentation and influencing skills
- Organised with attention to details
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Signification Project Management in Trade Management solutions
- Technical Mastery in implementing Trade Management solutions
- Technical Mastery in managing the performance of Trade Management applications over their Lifecycle
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.