Assistant Director, Transaction Services, Financial Advisory, Open to flexible working & returners
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte's growing Financial Advisory Transaction Services team. Working on high profile assignments with some of the best in the field, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, with a mix of both corporate and private equity transactions, within a highly commercial, client focussed environment.
Our core services include acquisition and vendor due diligence, bid defence and support and reporting accountant services for capital market transactions.
Typically, we work within a wider deal team which accesses the firm's
vast range of specialist expertise including commercial and operational due diligence, sale and purchase agreement negotiation, real estate, treasury, pensions, modelling, fund placement, merger integration, IT and business intelligence.
We also often work on international assignments involving cross-border as well as cross-service line teams requiring our people to build wide networks across both the UK and International firm.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Our team provides clients with dedicated support for a transaction or potential transaction. Typically, this involves the investigation of the target from a variety of perspectives to ensure significant value items, risks and other matters have been identified and considered by our client and assisting them in making an informed decision regarding the transaction.
- Quickly develop an understanding of the target business and its drivers
- Interpretation and analysis of information memoranda, business plans, publicly available information on the target business
- Review and analysis of historical trading, cash flow and balance sheets
- Review and analysis of projections, and underlying assumptions
- Review of the adequacy of working capital facilities, including consideration of financing limits, term and covenants
- Evaluation of potential synergies
- Reporting of potential key issues for our client including identification of risk or price affecting considerations
- Review of sale and purchase agreement and correlating findings of due diligence process therein
- Review of financial structures and associated credit agreements
- Leading and developing service offerings and evolving propositions to drive practice growth
- Leading training and developing team members in role
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Bristol, with frequent domestic and international travel
Work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- An ACA qualification or equivalent experience
- Previous experience within financial due diligence and transaction services
- High level report writing and reviewing skills, with an appropriate focus on attention to detail, conciseness and risk management
- Exceptional academic background or equivalent experience
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience of operating with senior level stakeholders
- Experience in leading business development, from opportunity identification to conversion into sales
- Experience in building and managing client relationships
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Great presentation skills
- Full travel mobility
- Flexibility for international travel
- Experience of corporate and private equity transactions
- Fluency in a major European foreign language would be an advantage
- Strong excel skills - quick and accurate manipulation of data
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness
- Strong client focus - be focussed on high quality service
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application