Business Support Manager, Transaction Services, 12 Month FTC, Open to flexible working & returners
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Business Support Manager, Transaction Services, Financial Advisory, 12 Month FTC
Reporting directly to the Operations Director, the Operations Manager will provide vital assistance to ensure the smooth operational running of the PMI team in our Financial Advisory business.
As an Operations Manager, your responsibilities will be inextricably tied to the success of the entire business unit. Driving everything forward from financial management to engagement resourcing, your actions will directly influence the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the business unit.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Your duties will adapt accordingly to the priorities of the business. However, typical duties can include:
- Assist in the management and delivery of monthly financial reports for our business unit maintaining weekly updates for Partner consumption.
- Additional financial analysis including weekly and monthly forecasting, analysing monthly overheads and P&L, and interrogating weekly and monthly utilisation reports
- Other ad-hoc reporting as required, including op-unit and sector-specific
- Support Directors, Engagement Managers and Partners with engagement cost interrogation and reporting, ensuring actual resource allocation is in line with relevant / extant budgets / forecasts.
- Manage and analyse data pertaining to multiple engagements.
- Using Microsoft Excel and bespoke databases to run reports and collect meaningful data
- Responsible for coordinating engagement resourcing across multiple ongoing and scheduled engagements working directly with the partners, reporting on resource availability on a daily basis.
- Liaising with other business units where necessary to coordinate additional resourcing as required
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project codes,
ensuring correct codes are used and accounted for by month-end
- Provide talent and admin support to the team, including preparation of comms, organising talent reviews, socials, supporting the team with ad-hoc financial, IT and HR queries and requests, and supporting the on-boarding of new joiners
- Support the team with the various it'systems and software, including CRM, SWIFT, Teams and One Drive
- Acting on any other ad-hoc needs from the Operations Director
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London.
The PMI team, like the rest of the firm, is predominantly working from home in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. This is expected to continue in the short to medium term and will be kept under review.
Suggested work pattern: 12 months Fixed Term contract, full-time
Your professional experience
- Experience of Operations Management in a large organisation.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, notably Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, LOOKUPS, nested formula) as a minimum.
- Experience of data analysis.
- A track record of efficiently and on a timely basis managing complex and fluid engagements in a fast-paced environment. You should be detail orientated and able to manage and track numerous moving parts across multiple engagements.
- Strong, confident and persuasive communicator who is able to communicate with stakeholders across the wider business at a multitude of seniorities.
- Used to delivering within strict deadlines whilst managing conflicting workloads and priorities.
- Able to work effectively as part of a distributed team
- Full travel mobility.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application