Software Engineering Lead (C#, Cloud), Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
London based (please only apply if able to work 3 days per week in this location post covid)
Salary & Benefits: £92,240 to £120,641 base salary, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer flexible working hours and agile working practices to give you good work-life balance
Lloyds Banking Group and where does this role sit?
Lloyds Banking Group is on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need help to do it.
Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank needs to be from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing, all to show what an engineering-led organisation can do.
This role is a key Engineering role within the Product, Control and Data Lab (PCD) which is responsible for valuation, risk and control of the Markets trading book. Lab systems encompass Credit and Risk Analytics Compute Grids; Data Lake technology; Surveillance platforms; and utilize public and private Cloud deployment. The lab is staffed by a mix of Engineers, Product Owners and Business Analysts working across multiple Regulatory deliveries including IBOR and FRTB in 2021.
What will the role entail?
You'll be responsible for running Engineering delivery on the 'Presto' platform, a grid computing stack combining two closely related analytics applications: Calculation Services and Credit Risk Engine. We use modern Agile project methodologies and DevOps development practices.
You'll lead on the day-to-day management of the C# developers and Azure DevOps specialists making up the Presto team, at the same time engaging with Business stakeholders and partner teams such as Markets Quantitative Research to ensure successful Program deliveries.
This role has a significant green-field development component as the Calculation Services and Credit Risk Engine applications continue their journey to unification onto the Presto Azure compute platform.
As a senior engineer you will be involved in senior management forums, contribute towards senior decision making, help to manage senior stakeholders and internal customers plus take full line & task management responsibility for a team of roughly 15 engineers.
Examples of specific activities you could be involved in are: Developing budget plans, taking responsibility for a significant customer area, implementing formal development frameworks for a substantial department, contribute towards IT security policies, supporting long term initiatives, risk management, supporting solution development and tactical organisational planning.
This role would be great if you are looking for:
- A rewarding working environment leading a close-knit development team of skilled developers on the frontier of Cloud based development in Lloyds Group Transformation.
- A unique combination of: hands on development; shaping application architecture; and stakeholder engagement.
- Leeway to shape Lab technical direction, and advocate and share best practice technology across the wider Markets Value Stream.
What do we need to see from applicants?
We like diversity in our office and are keen to see applications from a variety of backgrounds. As this is a senior engineering role there is a set of experience we need to see as a minimum to be considered. We'll look for:
- A prior background working within a senior engineering position, managing staff and leading on delivery of software engineer projects.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrable experience of implementing Cloud based Application Architecture at Enterprise scale. This is critical.
- The ability to maintain your hands on C# development skills and the ability to deep-dive technical issues alongside team Engineers as required. We're not looking for a completely hands off manager!
- Ability to engage Incident, Change & Problem Management to ensure stability and consistent reliability of the platform.
- Practitioner of Agile methodologies, Kanban, Scrum.
- Appreciation of modern development practices: Continuous Integration & Continuous Development; trunk based development; feature branching.
What do I get in Return?
As a new colleague to the team, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and equal opportunity and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Together we'll make it possible!