Manager - Accounting, Open to flexible working
Join us and you’ll shape more than just your career
We believe we’re best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day, we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insights empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. With a relentless focus on quality and integrity, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
Job Description Summary:
Grant Thornton’s Insurance Accounting advisory team specialises in helping clients with technical accounting and financial reporting issues, the implementation of IFRS/UK GAAP accounting standards, and conversions.
You will play a key role in the Insurance Accounting Advisory team. You will work with insurance clients and contribute to the delivery of solutions and value-added advice on complex accounting issues. This may include support IFRS 17/9 implementation, finance system implementation (for e.g., GL), IFRS / UK GAAP conversion support, accounting policy review projects, technical accounting and reporting issues, group reorganisations, M&A and ad-hoc accounting support.
Let’s talk about the job
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from the team
- Making quality second nature. This means doing what’s right even when no one’s looking. The work that you will do has a major impact on our clients and our firm. We pride ourselves on the high-level standards we have for the work that we do.
- Own your own work. – Lead from the front in-regards to delivering client work.
- Be a part of a team – Take responsibility for developing more junior team members, understanding their career aspiration and support in this delivery.
- Build your brand – Good communication capability to the internal population and the external stake holders to ensure we are always promoting our core values.
We work with large as well as SME insurers and this will allow you to apply your technical accounting and financial knowledge and experience in the insurance advisory space. You should have knowledge of the hot topics and challenges currently facing Insurance CFOs.
You will be responsible for engagement planning and management on a day-to-day basis including assessment of engagement risks, undertaking analyses, and deriving and documenting conclusions. You will act as the day-to-day lead on client engagements, managing small teams where required.
You will also support business development activities and will develop strong internal and external networks for long term relationships, we well as managing key accounts.
You will keep up to date with IFRS, UK GAAP and insurance industry specific issues and circumstances which affect insurance accounting, financial reporting and significant relevant regulatory changes.
You will prepare and deliver presentations, training, thought leadership and marketing materials
The minimum criteria
- An accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA etc) with strong technical accounting experience in the insurance sector. Experience of IFRS ideally IFRS 17.
- Experience in technical accounting under IFRS and UK GAAP and delivery of finance change programmes (e.g., IFRS 17/9) for insurance companies.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate experience in working in multi-functional teams and delivering high quality deliverables within tight timeframes
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and a good working knowledge PowerPoint.
- and can foresee issues and discuss solutions
- Good communicator
Do you care about the same things we do?
We have six values we work by. When we meet, we’ll want you to show us how they’re important to you, too.
Collaboration: We work together, share ideas and always make time to help each other out.
Leadership: Everyone has the chance to lead their own projects.
Excellence: Quality is central to our purpose. We love what we do, and it shows. We sweat the details. We see things through, no matter how tricky.
Agility: The world moves quickly. To keep up, we stay flexible – changing approaches, changing projects, working offline, online, together and alone to get things done.
Respect: A given, of course: we value each other and our clients. We listen, we understand, we care.
Responsibility: The decisions we make and advice we give affects people’s lives and livelihoods. We take that seriously and always do well by doing what’s right.
Bring your whole self
Now you’ve seen our values, it shouldn’t be a surprise that we’re creating a respectful, open, diverse place to work. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues, is not just the right thing to do, it helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
“We are committed to making sure that the opportunities within our firm are equally accessible for everyone – regardless of background or gender.” Dave Dunckley, CEO
There’s more to life than work
Families, children, sports, night classes…the things you do and the people you’re with outside work matter. They can inspire, motivate and energise you. Inside the office and out. So if you’d like to work flexibly, let us know. We’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.