Senior Value Evidence Team Project Manager, Open to flexible working
Are you energized by a project management leadership role where you can drive efficiency and shape objectives across the organization? If so, this VET Project Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As a VET Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing, building and delivering the Value Evidence Plans (VEP) and resources for assigned asset projects. This position will partner with the Value Evidence Lead (VEL), work closely with VET members and will collaborate across the Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) organization, Development, Strategy Portfolio and Operations, Finance and others to drive discipline to VEO planning, execution and resource management. This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- In partnership with VEL, develop and proactively deliver aligned, high quality Value Evidence Plans (VEP) across assigned asset projects
- Maintain an accurate integrated plan schedule in Planisware - must understand the importance of accurate data, how to use it through highly adept technical skills, and how to interpret data to draw conclusions and recommendations.
- Utilize established VEP schedules to drive cost (EPE) and resource (FTE/IPE) forecasts.
- Improve and maintain system data quality by assuring schedule compliance to established business rules, standards and ways of working.
- Responsible for the Work Packages within the planning system and works with the VET and functional lines to ensure that the work packages reflect the work being scheduled.
- Partner with key stakeholders on project teams including Project Managers, EDL/MDL, Finance, Medicinal Science & Technology etc. to ensure plan schedule alignment to intended strategy and advise of changes, constraints and risks to the schedule.
- Will contribute to scenario planning through developing alternative planning schedules for VET and portfolio decision making.
- Proactively design scenarios & recommend alternatives to accountable VEL.
- Support analyses of information to design/build status reports across key project control performance areas: scope and schedule with Reporting Team
- Identify and manage risks in the risk register or plan schedule and translate these into VET schedule
- May act as Integrated Resource Management Subject Matter Expert within planning, cost (EPE) and resourcing (FTE/IPE)
- Liaise with Value Evidence and Outcomes (VEO) Leadership Team members as a primary point of contact for the VET Project Management Team
- Lead preparation of documents for stakeholder management e.g. OnePager Gantt reports, stakeholder maps, communication plans, development of slides for VEO LT or Governance Discussions
- Recognized as effective at influencing within Value Evidence Team and the project management community.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills and general management knowledge to the R&D business environment.
- Maintain awareness of project planning practices within GSK, the pharmaceutical industry and other industries.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors degree in business, science, finance or honours degree
- Minimum 7 years pharmaceutical R&D or related industry experience with a minimum of 2 years' experience in project management
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters degree in business, science, finance or honours degree
- Professional Project Management Certification PMP
- Planisware experience
- Experience and understanding of GSK processes and core systems
- Industry R&D operational experience
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.