Balance Sheet Disentanglement Manager - MA & D (FTC) - flexible working, homeworking
Are you an experienced Accountant within Corporate Finance? If you have experience working on fast paced, complex projects within Finance Transformation this could be an exciting opportunity for you to explore.
As a Balance Sheet Disentanglement Manager, you will be responsible for project delivery including, providing technical accounting advice, group consolidation financial reporting instructions as well as delivering training and providing guidance to our financial stakeholders across a number of different areas and levels across the organisation on a Global scale.
Consumer Health: (GSK NewCo):
- GSK is undertaking a large and complex programme to separate its currently integrated consumer business into a standalone legal and operational entity. The new entity will become one of the largest Consumer Healthcare companies in the world, offering many well-known and trusted brands.
- Draw together Group financial reporting instructions for our local finance teams to support their separation activity.
- Managing projects with discretion.
- Understand the timing and complexity of each of the tiers and asset transfer arrangements - through the various phases of the project
- Work with Corporate finance, Close & Control finance teams, local FDs, Treasury and tax departments.
- Provide guidance and training/support to impacted stakeholders.
- Review and monitor the reporting of these transactions for accuracy and consistency across the organisation
- Provide Ad hoc support to the wider team.
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related degree discipline.
- Qualified member of recognised professional finance body (e.g. ICAEW / CIMA / ACCA).
- Excellent communication skills.
- First-hand project management experience.
- Strong financial reporting experience
- Group consolidation reporting experience
- Strong system knowledge
- Industry experience is an advantage.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.