Tax Compliance Reporting Analyst, Open to flexible working
As the Consumer Group Tax Reporting & Compliance Analyst you will report to the Consumer UK Tax Compliance and Reporting Manager and be responsible for...
Working with the team to ensure that tax balances for Group reporting and statutory reporting of the Consumer group are delivered on a timely and accurate basis. The role will work alongside our outsource provider to ensure that our UK Tax Compliance obligations are fulfilled efficiently and completed to a high standard. This will include claims for R&D Expenditure Credit, Corporate Interest Restriction, Controlled Foreign Companies and optimisation of Group positions.
The role will involve interactions with HMRC on a real-time and resolving any UK enquiries that HMRC raise in respect of Corporation Tax.
This role would suit somebody newly qualified with an analytical mindset, comfortable working with large sets of data and the latest technology (e.g. Alteryx and Power BI). Through the role you will develop a deep understanding about how the consumer business operates, where profit is generated and reporting the tax liabilities that arise as a result. While you will develop an understanding of international taxation within the role, it is not essential the successful candidate will necessarily have tax experience.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Reporting of the Group tax balances included in the quarterly and annual tax balances which are disclosed in the press release and annual report. This includes preparing the UK balances and coordinating overseas teams and outsource providers to ensure the year end tax balances can be delivered smoothly.
- Forecasting the Effective Tax Rate ('ETR') and cash tax of the group. This requires considerable insight into the understanding of the business and how the changing product mix and tax landscape contribute to the ETR. This work will also be used to support the quarterly UK cash tax payment calculations
- Preparation of the Country by Country Report ('CbCR') to be shared with tax authorities around the world and appropriate engagement with stakeholders to ensure accuracy of balances.
- Oversight of Compliance Outsource Providers in respect of tax balances in the statutory accounts and Tax Compliance Obligations, including Group Relief and Interest Restrictions.
- Responsibility for calculating Research and Development Expenditure Credit claims, including providing support on accounting and resolution of HMRC enquiries.
- Resolution of tax disputes with HMRC
- Provision of tax support and advice for UK business including resolution of queries
- Transfer Pricing documentation review and profitability analysis for UK and Ireland legal entities
- Providing tax analysis on intra-group funding, dividends and ad hoc company reorganisations.
- Preparing the quarterly UK cash tax payment calculations and associated forecasting
- Lead relevant projects to deliver the above
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Strong accounting background (ACA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Ability to work with large datasets and a proven analytic approach
- Ability to understand and utilise SAP accounting platforms (or similar)
- Some understanding of UK compliance and international tax principles
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) to be able to deal with senior stakeholders and finance contacts around the world
- Ability to challenge current thinking and implement process improvement
- Possess a high attention to detail, be resourceful, flexible and articulate.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.