Shopper Planning Manager, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Being passionate about our consumers sits at the heart of our values and how we deliver our performance ambition.
Winning at the point of purchase, with customers is fundamental to brand and business growth as retailers and wholesalers determine how our categories and brands are presented to consumers and shoppers. Shoppers increasingly buy from a repertoire of brands and the vast majority of decision making is made at the point of purchase hence our ability to influence the point of purchase is critical to business growth. The effectiveness of our shopper marketing is therefore fundamental and will focus on driving recruitment and/or premiumisation across the different shopper missions and sub channels (wholesale, ecommerce, grocery, convenience etc).
Both the brand teams and the shopper marketing team will be organised around sub categories (eg beer, whiskies) but having true behavioural understanding of shopper behaviour in different channels and occasion to build our understanding around how to nudge behaviour across the shopper journey is essential. This will define the create briefs and creative development and will inform the channel blueprints defining growth driver prioritisation and activation standards by activity and channel. This person is the vital link between brand and shopper. Ensuring the we are merging the insights from our customers and shoppers with our brand and consumer insights in order to create breakthrough shopper programmes.
To achieve our ambition this position must be much more than skilled research practitioner, you must be:
- Deeply curious about consumers, shoppers and our brands
- Obsessed with fuelling the category and shopper teams with shopper provocations that instigate change
- Immersed in customers and passionate about winning through them and for them
- Lead the briefing and management of agencies to ensure we are unlocking the insights required e.g. How so consumers shop the non alc fixture
- Ensure robust M&E is in place , to develop comprehensive understanding of behaviour change and corresponding drivers of performance
- Work in partnerships with the Customer Marketing Shopper managers to ensure rigour in our planning , thinking and ultimately ensure that executions that unlock the key insights
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- 5+ years proven track record in research/planning roles ideally with a significant focus on shopper
- Evidence of sound quantitative analysis.
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and the world they exist in, with evidence in applying this to drive growth
- An ability to bring the future to today’s world and roadmap actions to make it happen (within a commercial context)
- An individual who has the ability to influence across senior levels in the Category, customer and GBT Communities