Sr Consumer and Shopper Planning Manger NTW, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Low and No Alcohol: shape and lead the category
Diageo is investing in no/low alcohol through innovation and acquisition to establish and sustain leadership in this category growth opportunity. In 2019, Diageo acquired a majority shareholding in Seedlip, the world’s first non-alcoholic spirit pioneer brand as well as acquiring Aecorn, a premium non-alcoholic aperitif, and since then Diageo has continued to accelerate innovation on global brands to recruit new consumers at scale into no and low alcohol, whilst also supporting potential brands of the future through Distil Ventures. Whilst in the UK low-/no-alcohol represent only 1.3% of the total beverage alcohol market, there is a growing trend towards consumers looking for more choice when they are choosing to not drink alcohol and a rapid acceleration of competitor brands entering this occasion space. 32% of adult consumers have drunk no and low alcohol alternatives in the last 6 months, equating to over 15m consumers. We have a bold ambition to introduce Diageo’s non-alcoholic portfolio to UK consumers, generating awareness, trial at scale, education and a brilliant serve experience wherever brands are experienced, to unlock the future potential for value and share growth in this category segment.
Nurture brands: shape our approach to nascent categories and brands
A key element to the Diageo GB portfolio strategy is nurturing brands that sit within nascent categories in GB (e.g. Casamigos, Belsazar, Zacapa) or that are new or underdeveloped brands in existing categories (e.g. Copper Dog, Roe & Co, Tanqueray No.10). Our ambition is to nurture and grow this portfolio to create our next great Growth Engines of the future. These brands have a different code for growth and require different assessment to understand their performance given their frequently slow build profile – this role will be critical in helping to define how to define and assess success, and what interventions we should take in order to maximise the probability of success.
Being passionate about our consumers sits at the heart of our values and how we deliver our performance ambition.
To achieve our ambition this position must be much more than skilled research practioner, you must be:
- Inspired by shaping the future of the business
- Deeply curious about consumers, shoppers and our brands
- Immersed in culture and obsessive about harnessing it
- Intellectually rigorous and a master of both the art and the science behind understanding how to fuel growth.
- As a senior member of planning you report directly to the head of consumer and shopper planning and will be key is helping lead the broader agenda and development of the function and people.
- You are also a key member of your Category Brand team and key to helping shape their strategy for growth
- Fuel your team with consumer and shopper provocations that instigate change
- Embed new best practice within the GB consumer marketing community
- Effectively influence your team to make the right consumer and shopper lead decisions
- You will have excellent leadership skills to support your functional expertise.
Win through Execution
- Sets and pursues direction without guidance and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Balances analysis and execution and adjusts thinking in the face of new information
- Actively spots opportunities or issues and identifies which are urgent and important
- Generates a range of workable solutions, decides what should be done and takes action
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others' best thinking
- Accurately digests large amounts of information and breaks down complex problems thoroughly
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
Inspire through Purpose
- Finds broader meaning in their work and aspires to make a significant difference
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people's perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
- Draws on a variety of influencing styles to engage different audiences
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Proactively seeks feedback and development for growth and takes action
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Proven track record in research/planning roles with a significant focus on strategic brand planning
- Evidence of sound quantitative analysis
- Insatiable curiosity for understanding consumers and the world they exist in, with evidence in applying this to drive brand growth
- An ability to bring the future to today’s world and roadmap actions to make it happen (within a commercial context)
- An individual who has the ability to influence across senior levels in the Category and Brand Communities