Assistant Director, Head of Conduct Regulation - Open to flexible working and job share
When meeting us, you’ll quickly find out we are united in our belief that the best thing about the ABI is the people.
We’re hugely proud 100% of colleagues feel the ABI care about their health and wellbeing and 99% feel colleagues within their team respect each other. If that sounds like your kind of culture, read on to find out how you can join us.
We’re looking for an Assistant Director, Head of Conduct Regulation to lead the strategy, development and promotion of ABI policy proposals on conduct regulation and wider regulation issues that affect the UK insurance and long-term savings industry, both in the UK and overseas.
Please note this is 6 month maternity cover starting in September 2021. It’s a full time role but we are open to applications from those who wish to work on a flexible and/or job share basis. We welcome applicants who are new to insurance – as well as those who are experts!
What’s the job?
- Advance policy positions and lead debates that deliver an improved reputation for the industry and improve the long term value of the ABI for members.
- Lead the ABI’s operational relationship with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the ABI response to FCA reviews.
- Advance the ABI’s reputation among member companies as a source of indispensable expertise on Conduct Regulation.
- Engage with senior executives in ABI member companies on issues of strategic importance and work with the ABI’s Membership and Advocacy teams to produce a high quality events programme and in relation to the recruitment and retention of ABI Associate Members and partners.
- Act as a leader of the ABI’s Regulation Directorate, responsible for representing the interests of the UK long-term savings sector in meetings with key stakeholders and by undertaking high profile speaking engagements at conferences and events.
- Manage and retain a highly motivated, high performing Conduct Regulation Team.
- Support the Director of Regulation as required and contribute to the leadership of the wider ABI as part of the ABI’s Leadership Team.
The role is based at the ABI in London. However, some travel both within the UK and Europe may occasionally be required. Due to COVID-19, most colleagues are currently working from home, but we plan to move to a more hybrid way of working from September.
Throughout the interview and assessment process, we will be looking for you to demonstrate the ABI’s values; We are Brave; We take Ownership; We are Appreciative; We are Human and We are Curious.
Our vision to continue to build an inclusive workplace is vitally important to us and we expect all colleagues to contribute to this.
What training and benefits are offered?
You’ll have inductions to get you up to speed with anything from Events to how our finances work, plus meetings with relevant colleagues. Everyone goes on an introduction to insurance course and will receive plenty of on the job training. We host learning events and you can attend relevant ABI and industry events. Additional training is tailored to your needs and aspirations and we have a range of courses as part of our Learning and Development offering.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 13th June 2021.