Lead Automation Support Engineer, Open to flexible working
- Contract Type
We are looking for a highly technical Lead Automation Support Engineer to join our talented team here at GSK in Barnard Castle.
As Lead Automation Support Engineer you will act as a Subject Matter Expert for the technology and processes related to Operational Technology (OT) Cyber Security as well as manage business as usual activities on the site, providing management oversite of Embedded Automation Engineers and manage site automation obsolescence and tech refresh.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Managing business support for escalated automation issues, directing OPEX resources for breakdowns as well as upgrades of plant and/or replacement programs.
- Managing centralised automation assets e.g. Kepware OPC and automation virtual servers.
- Providing automation training and coaching to site-based Engineering Technicians.
- Liaising with the Manufacturing Automation Service (MAS) OT Security Team aiding in reviews, audits and any queries with relation to OT security.
- Ensuring that all projects and changes comply with OT security standards, guidance, processes and procedures.
- OT security risk management - having an oversight of the risk matrix for the site with a view to help reduce risks to an acceptable level, and then maintain said level.
- Support delivery of cyber security training (provided by the MAS OT Security Team).
- You will be the key point of contact in terms of OT security.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 24th June 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Here at GSK, we are seeking someone that is passionate and able to 'roll up their sleeves' when needed and in return we will offer fantastic career progression and the opportunity to engage with Senior Stakeholders, allowing you to shape and contribute to the success of the business.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- HND level qualification or similar in relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience working with site automation systems, OPC, Serialisation, MES and SCADA.
- Experience working with Firewalls, VLans and Network Switches.
- Familiar with various information technology and its use in industrial control systems, principally computer operating systems and ethernet networking.
- Experience managing a small team of Engineers/Technicians.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Degree (BSc/BEng/MSc equivalent) having achieved or in the process of achieving IEng/CEng status.
- Knowledge and understanding of Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Experience working with various robotics including Fanuc and ABB.
- Siemens Step 7 PLC or PCS 7 programming experience.
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.