Product Director Clinical Patient Data Acquisition, Open to flexible working
Are you highly self-motivated, forward-thinking and like to explore new ways of applying existing and new technologies to solve business problems? Do you understand the importance of prioritising according to business value and can communicate with stakeholders? Do you have an interest in applying modern technology to enable GSK R&D Clinical Operations to achieve industry leading performance?
We'd like to hear from you if you think you might make a good fit!
The distinct behaviour demonstrated by a Product Director is defined by Product Thought Leadership, Innovation, Strategy and People Management & Development. The Product Director Clinical Patient Data Acquisition within GSK R&D Tech is accountable for designing and delivering the roadmap for our Clinical Trial Patient Data Acquisition products with a focus on improving user experience, working collaboratively with senior stakeholders to agree on and deliver against priorities.
The role will have ownership and responsibility for EDC products within GSK's Patient Data Management product set, including Oracle Inform, Veeva CDMS and Medidata Rave and will have a key role in shaping and creating GSK's future Clinical Operations and Data platforms.
The Product Director is recognized as the go to leader and trusted advisor for their product set - removing blockers, working collaboratively and adaptively to constantly meet the needs of their customers and deliver value to GSK.
About R&D Tech, Data Acquisition & Management in Clinical Solutions
GSK R&D is led by science. Science is driving an ever-increasing variance and complexity of Clinical Research, and its related data collection and management. This presents great opportunity for Tech enablement via investments in modern platform technologies and Digital applications, across GSKs Pharma and Vaccines organisations.
The R&D Tech Product Director Clinical Patient Data Acquisition role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Technology Strategy & Enablement: in the role of trusted advisor, strong domain knowledge including business process, industry best practices, in market solutions. Maintains awareness of emerging industry trends related to the product space and uses the knowledge to drive forward looking product strategy.
- Demand management: Collaborate and influence senior business stakeholders to manage and prioritize the product backlog with a focus on highest business value. Accountable for the product backlog and product cost forecast.
- Governance: Establish and lead relevant governance bodies (steering committees), provide oversight and establish business value, manage overall delivery and service performance and manage business risk.
- Product/Project Delivery: Lead the team(s) that will design and deliver the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements. Accountable for creation and execution of the product roadmap. The ability to think big picture and customer first is imperative.
- Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business-critical products
- Feature Definition: Proven ability to translate customer requests, competitive activities, and industry trends into value drivers of new technology solutions and product requirements that can be easily understood by product teams, developers and other key constituencies within the organization
- Service Management: Accountable for ensuring the right services levels are in place, to ensure adherence to those SLAs, and directly manage any Level 3 Support issues and escalations. Accountable for Life Cycle management of the product.
- People Management: Will work in collaboration with the broader team to drive and deliver business value to tight timelines adhering to the release management calendar where applicable. Depending on team structure, the incumbent will matrix or line manage the team
- Adoption strategy & change management: in the role of change agent, support both the product teams and the business in agile approaches to solution development and adoption, building excitement, momentum, visible success stories and clear value-based versions of vision as roadmap plans come to life.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Great relevant experience in R&D Clinical Patient Data Collection, EDC technology and exposure to Product Management in a major global IT organization
- Track record in successful IT strategy development, solution design, programme and project delivery and service management, across multiple business lines.
- Track record in delivering business impact through process and IT enabled solutions, across multiple business lines
- Strong track record of delivering change through Agile and DevOps teams
- Experience of vendor management, specifically Oracle, Veeva or Medidata
- Deep domain knowledge of Clinical Trial patient data acquisition and management
- Track record in effective line management
- Strong facilitation, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to influence sr. leadership and decision making using data, market evidence
- Relentless for delivering business outcomes and value and simplification with a passion for science and advancing medicines to patients
- Size, scope and scale of challenge necessitates a leader with the right proven experiences, strategic thinking and execution capabilities. Credibility (through experience) is essential to success in these roles
- Bachelors Degree &/or Comparable experience
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.